Spiritually speaking R&S regulars, have you ever had to remove all of your contacts because of a report monkey?

There is a report monkey on the loose and they have reported numerous questions I have posted this week that clearly were not in violation of Community Guidelines. I have submitted appeals, all of which have been rejected by Yahoo! Customer Care. If this continues, my account will be suspended.

Sadly, I will be removing all of my contacts today. :-(

So spiritually speaking R&S regulars, have you ever had to remove all of your contacts because of a report monkey?

Best Answer

Yes, I've done that and it blows. No one ever answers your questions. :(

Christy, before you take such a drastic step, go through your contacts carefully and remove any that seem suspect. Those would include:

Low-level accounts, particularly those who hold vastly differing opinions.

Contacts that have no reason to be there in the first place. This includes those who have never answered one of your questions, and whose own questions you have never given an answer to. Ask yourself, "How did this person find me?"

Avatars with grey-faces.

Last week I was hit with VN's every time I signed on, and this week I've had none. The difference? On Monday I went through my fans list and blocked all of the above-mentioned suspect groups. So far, so good. Maybe it will work for you.

(((((Christy)))))

Ooh, I see it's too late. Well, keep this little trick in mind, and if you allow fans again, periodically sort through them and do some weeding when necessary.

• Pi

No but some of my contacts have had to and some have even been suspended. This is why it is prudent to not just add people without a posting history automatically.

There are groups on here that like to report in concert because it is a game to them.

But no I haven't had to do that not yet. I get a lot of stupid mail but you know, that's like getting a bunch grade school drawings and ramblings from kids so those don't really count as trolls.

Yes. It's why I quit coming in here for a while. Changed my account and am now waiting for the next monkey who lives in his parents basement to take notice of my "Pagan" answers and start all over again.

Yup...I had an account suspended after a report monkey began stalking me. Now I just keep my contacts private..

No, I have never removed a contact. I have made my answers private after being stalked. I have been reported this week by a fellow that kept emailing me. I hate to block or remove contacts, but you never know.

I'm much more hated than you are, Linz. That's why you always see me on here but never realize it's the same person as before. My report monkeys became obsessed stalkers. Consider yourself lucky.

• Eds

Christy,

I have not but for months I have had the same person(s) reporting and having questions/answers deleted for very little reason. He/she also gives me a thumbs down on nearly every question. I will not remove my precious contacts but I understand why you are doing so. I pray for them as I do for everyone else that I know. I always enjoy your Q&As on here. Take care and have a great weekend.

Thanks,

Eds

------

.

Source(s): LOVE I F E . . .

Yep. On my last account I got violation after violation. I ended up removing all my contacts. But it didn't do me any good, my account still got violations and it was eventually suspended.

Good luck!

No, I don't even remove or block the report monkeys. I've never lost an account. It just seems a trite waste of time to worry about something like that. I mean, what are you so concerned about? Your score?

• Madara

Not just report monkeys, the copycats,stalkers and trolls are also lurking.

btw I don't remove any of my contacts.