What could elevated liver enzymes mean?

Last week I had a few attacks that felt like gallbladder attacks. I had my blood tested and had elevated liver enzymes. I had been sick with a cold and was taking Tylenol cold & Nyquil around the same time. I had also just started the birth control pill (tri-cyclen) about 6 days earlier (I went off it when I had... show more Last week I had a few attacks that felt like gallbladder attacks. I had my blood tested and had elevated liver enzymes. I had been sick with a cold and was taking Tylenol cold & Nyquil around the same time. I had also just started the birth control pill (tri-cyclen) about 6 days earlier (I went off it when I had the attack, thinking it could be related). Ultrasound turned out clear. Biliruben levels normal. Anyone had this happen or know why this could have happened? A more recent blood test showed the enzymes were going down a bit, and the pain has gone away. I don't drink, never done drugs, no blood transfusions or anything like that. My dr. is watching it very closely so I'm just trying to get a better idea of what's going on in there.
3 answers 3