If I invited Canadians to Thanksgiving Day Dinner ....?

... What special things should I do to prepare?

Favorite Answer

Hmmm....

Well first of all you'd have to let them know if it was YOUR thanksgiving day or theirs. And then you'd have to make sure they didn't bring any polar bear liver to the table . Those pesky Canadians are always up to their tricks.

Hmmm......oh and maybe get them to bring in some Canadian beer b/c I hear it's better...but I have no idea.

I hosted my first Thanksgiving when mine was 6 months old. You'll need some help with getting the house ready. I would start planning out a menu and lists now. Decide on what you need to buy (paper plates, napkins, etc) and figure out what you are going to make. Have guests bring side dishes. Maybe you'll only have to do the turkey and gravy which is very easy. If you do get stuck making sides, some of them can be done ahead of time. I read that you can peel and cut potatoes and leave them in a pot covered with water up to 24 hrs. I do a stuffing in a crock pot. You can do pies the night before. Have your husband or relatives keep the baby occupied while you cook. I'm doing Thanksgiving this year too for the second time. Sucks for me b/c I work until 5 the day before.

The same things you'd prepare for us Americans minus the chitterlings.

Are you serious? Tell me you are not American. Cause if so, come on, we aren't like huge foreigners, we have lots of the same customs as you, we just have it on a different day. Sheesh.

You know, the usual, turkey, stuffing, cranberry things, bread, whatever. And pumpkin pieee. :D

NOthing special. Just have a nice Thanksgiving dinner and your guests will appreciate sharing it with you.

Something with lots of maple syrple.

There's no such thing as Canadians, we covered that last night

make sure you prepare some squirrel legs, they are really fascinated with squirrels and stuff. I think they might prefer it baked as well.

Just set up a card table in the backyard for us... and have plenty of dry toast, jelly beans and popcorn.... oh, and please have some Ken-L-Ration for our sled dogs.

"MUSH! MUSH!"

cook turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and some yummy desert... what do you think?!

I agree with the bong guy, i wouldn't mind taking a bong hit before some delicious turkey.