What do you think of this Obama supporter?

an elementary school teacher preaching to kids about obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEAYgm0Dv8

Youtube thumbnail

Partial transcript:

Harris:We want to talk about the presidential election. I want to ask you, who are you pulling for? Raise your hand.

Student: Obama.

Harris: You pullin for Obama. Who you pullin for?

Student: Obama.

Harris:Any of you pullin for John McCain? That’s fine, say him as well.

Student: Obama.

Student: Obama.

[Cathy, the daughter of an American soldier answers McCain.]

Harris:John, oh lord, John McCain.

Oh Jesus, John McCain.

Ok, now I wanna axe you somethin.

Why are you pullin for John McCain? It’s ok, but why are you pullin for John McCain?

Cathy: I thinks it’s because my parents are going for him too.

Harris: Ok, your parents are going for him. Why are you pullin for Ba-RACK. Barack.

Student: I just want a black president sometimes.

Ok, you want a black president.

Student: The reason why I want Barack Obama is because he’s making good changes in the good country and stuff like that.

Harris: So, he’s making good changes for our country. Now can you tell me just a little bit more, like what type of changes?

Like not having big fights between Iraq and having soldiers killed.

So in other words, Barack is going to end that war in Iraq. What do you all know about that war in Iraq?

[Harris addresses Kathy] Talk, cause yo daddy in the military. Talk. It’s a senseless war! And by the way, Cathy, the person that you’re picking for president said that our troops could stay in Iraq for another hundred years if they need to!

[Camera pans to Cathy, in near tears.]

Harris: So that means that your daddy could stay in the military for another hundred years!

why on gods green earth is she shoving her own veiws down kids throats?

very true kevin, there are bad apples on both sides

Favorite Answer

Unbelievable.

• Fozzy

As an Obama supporter, I am appalled at this woman's actions, and are even more appalled at anyone somehow thinking that this is an attack on all Obama supporters. I also find it frustrating to see anyone who is an Obama supporting actually defending this woman's actions.

What you have here is a person who should never be allowed to teach children. period. She is right that she is allowed to have her own opinions, but not only was she browbeating a child (basically telling her she will probably never see her daddy again if Mccain is elected), she later sits right down in front of the camera and lies about the way she handled it. Something to the effect of "If a student says they support McCain, I don't make anything of it. I just say that's ok and move on."

If I had children in this school , I certainly would be complaining to the principal, the school board, the mayor, anyone I could find, until she was removed form the classroom. While I certainly feel this teacher is entitled to her opinion, there is a time and a place to express those opinions, and the classroom is not a place for it. She could certainly take a poll, or have the kids vote in a mock election, but she should never be critical of a child for expressing an opinion. If anything, this child should be praised for at least expressing a different opinion from her classmates, and not simply following the crowd. While I don't agree the kid is right, she deserves to express her opinion just like any other child is.

• Barney

I answered a question on this same teacher early this morning. Either I got reported or the question was removed. Obama hasn't even been sworn into office yet and the censorship has already increased. This woman can't even use proper English, yet the liberal, public funded, government school system found her ignorance important enough to indoctrinate fresh young impressionable minds. Beware the cold dark future we're about to undergo. This woman has no business in a public classroom. It supports the need for vouchers, home and private schooling.

by Kevin...there's a diffeance between a woman who refuses to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters and this teacher in a public school. The woman handing out candy has that right, when a teacher gets signed on to teach they lose the right to use the classroom as a soapbox to spread their agenda.

I don't have the funds available to make campaign contributions and am not able to work at the campaign headquarters near me due to time schedules. However, I have been emailing many people to aprise them of facts they may not know. This may sound lame, but I also have sent my candidate, Obama, campaign ideas since I used to be a Marketing Director in Manhattan for some major firms and wanted to offer useful ideas he has not yet done.

She is trying to justify her own reasons to vote for "SATIN'S LITTLE HELPER". Sadly she does not realize that if it weren't for those soldiers she may not be a teacher, I'm all for bringing our troops home, but if we do it before the job is done than we will be going back and it will be harder to regain the trust of any middle eastern country and a whole lot more soldier will die. Since our soldiers have been there how many re-enactments of 9/11 has there been? Praise the Lord for our soldiers and pray for their safe return home when the time is right.

What a horrible teacher! How can she be bringing politics into a classroom. Teachers should be neutral and shouldn't be siding with any side of the election! And how are kids their age supposed to know ANYTHING about the election other than "Obama is black, vote for him," that the media feeds them? This is extremely shameful.

The teacher went through a Williams Ayers class. A lot of people have the past 20 years. They think nothing of what they do. She couldn't admit to it at the end, because she doesn't herself for what she really is.

Here’s a good one. A William Ayers book called “To Teach” is required reading for all freshman ASU education majors in their introductory class. The same William Ayers who admits and doesn’t apologize for carrying out bombings during the 60s and 70s. How can this be required reading at ASU? And just how can a man like Ayers become celebrated in any way in the country he so wanted to destroy?

Oh my. Public schools. So sad. My heart just breaks for the humiliation that poor child experienced at the hand of a teacher preaching propaganda of the NEA. But what is really disturbing is that she LIED about her approach to the student whose views oppose her own.

Wow...why was she even doing this? :/

I feel sorry for that girl who said McCain I mean..if that's who she's pulling for then so what? That's her right. It's like the teacher was mad at her for that.

as a vet,if that would have been my kid,i'm afraid of what i may have done.but nothing less than having a news crew screaming at her door every day