how did they make google street view?

Like I waz just curios and like do they go down just about every street in america and take pictures or how do they do this??

• Shawn
    Favorite Answer

when i see my house and my neighbors there is a shadow on the street that looks like a helicopter...

please answer mine...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Arxnz...

• Pinkie

I actually saw the car used to take the street view shots! On some street views, when you point the camera down, it is blurred to match the surrounding street, and on rare occasions you can see the vehicle or its shadow! It has a special camera rigged up to the roof and laying across these metal rail thingies. Just keep picking random streets and pointing the image down, eventually you will see one with the vehicle clearly.

Hey, I just found one with the vehicle. Just type in this address, it is a street of businesses near my Cousins house and you can totally see the little black car if you grab the pic and point the camera toward the ground!

6708 Hillcroft Street Houston, Texas 77081

GOOGLE STREET VIEW IS SOO SCARRY!!!!

the first day i heard of it was at school people were like hey thats my house!

and i'm like OMG THATS FREAKY so then i looked up my house and luckly there were no pics of my street......

but some people say that its actual people who take the pics but if it really was then why are there so many pics of like people in the mid. of the road and stuff?? dont u think they would wait for someone to get inside their house before taking a pic of the inside of their garage to be posted all over the internet?

if u ask me, i think its sattelite... which is truly amazing how they got such level, clear shots.

its a crazy world.... crazy

There are teams of fotographers, roaming the country taking 360 panos of these shots.

Not sure if they are random, or assigned by some criteria: saw it on current tv.