Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

14 year old dating a 19 year old?

i'm 14, and this guy likes me, and i like him. he's 19. but he doesn't want me for sex, i'm sure. he's EXTREMELY christian, like "i'm saving myself for marriage" christian. we actually prayed together a few times. he's my friend's brother and i've known that friend for a long time.

is it like EXTREMELY illegal if we date?

Favorite Answer

Spongebob?

19 And 14 Year Old Dating

I think I am the best person for this answer! I was 13 when I began dating a 17 year old. Of course in the beginning I was questioning his intentions or the realty of this relationship considering I just started growing breast. Either way I was too about saving myself and he was a virgin...so we had the same track level. I did eventually toss out my morals & virtue...when our relationship became much more intense. Don't allow his age to confuse you or make you feel childish. The ending to my story is believe it or not I am now 22 and he is 26 and we have been together for 9 years, own a house, are engaged & own an adorable little yorkie together. We have been very responsible and have realized time is the greatest gift to our relationship...we have no kids & we are focused on our careers. Overall no matter how old you are or he is...if you are meant to be together time will allow the pieces to fall into place at the right moment. Don't rush or have him rush you... you will come to realize that it will all happen when it is meant to be. As a teenager at that moment I remember feeling like everything had to be done...like time or more years had no value, the moment only was what I was thinking...this is a teen phase and remember that...its all in a teenage girls mind. I encourage woman to lose their virginity not because of marriage but because he is the one person you can trust to be so emotionaly intimate with. Either way remember this comment:

The moment sex becomes a new stage in your relationship the little things (such as kissing him) no longer carries the same significance it once did during the innocense of the relationship.

Making love doesn't kill the relationship it just changes the butterflies in your stomach phase....to what normally would of made your heartbeat race.

P.S. When he turned 18 he sat down with my mom as an adult and asked her permission to continue dating me. I would recommend he'd do the same thing. This 1 simple conversation will gain him and you respect from your parents as well as trust. It is only illegal the minute your/his parents call the cops.

Don't listen to these retards, 2000 years ago, when this Christian thing all came about, being 14 and dating a 19 year old wasn't wrong or illegal, Most states the age of consent is 16 or 17, You just can't be involved in some sort of porn or buy cigarettes til you are 18, But as long as you don't have sex, it isn't illegal, But as long as you don't go telling everyone everything you did, You should be fine doing whatever you please :]

• Pedro

an "extreme" christian at age 19 would and should know better than to date a 14 year old.

holy crap! 113 answers in the first 23 mins!!! u get the most answers award!!

u know, the law is written and written for a good reason. but there are always exceptions... i won't comment about sex b/c so many ppl have expressed their opinion on that.

love is really amazing and really hurtful. the deciding factor is are your parents ok with it? it's impossible to date anyone for a long period of time if the parents aren't ok with it. i would say that if the 19 y/o guy is 'close' or has a good relationship with your father... then GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!

an older guy THAT gives a rip about jesus is way less likely to want sex or pressure you for sex then say a 16 y/o guy. but... ppl are going to think you're crazy and he's a pedo or something. so personally i think the best thing is to keep is as "best friends" to everyone else outside of your family. i mean if you really like each other then you don't have to brag that your dating. Also how long have you know him? i'd be friends with him for at least a year before you enter into anything. if he likes you, and really genuinely likes you, then at that age he'll also be good friends with your folks.

Source(s): this came from personal experience.

He can get in trouble. Because your 14 and he is 19. I think age should not matter, I have been down that road with dating a guy older and my parent hated him, and if your parents doesn't like him they can call the police and have him under a sex offenders. No lie!! So I hope I helped!

I'm 14 as well, I think you shouldn't date him because if you and him are extremely christian and if he really does like you enough, he should be able to wait for you, when you are old enough. There is just to big of a age difference right now. It would be like you dating a ten year old, not saying its the same story or anything, but 5 years difference.

I'm somewhat distraught by this question. It is only illegal if someone reports him for statutory rape, but I believe that's only the case if you have relations with him. People say age is just a number, and I agree to some extent. Yes, there need to be boundaries for youth and yes, there definitely needs to be boundaries set for behavior between age groups, but age only really becomes "a number" when you're older. 5 years apart at 14 and 19 seem like a big deal now, but my parents are 6 years apart and their in their 50s and 60s, but it doesnt seem to matter.

The choice is really in your hands, but it's probably best to wait until you are 18. If he really likes you, he will understand and he will wait.

If you are a Christian and "saving yourself for marriage", then he will wait for you until you are old enough to date. To date now would just be a tease for something bigger. Why not go on group dates, that is what a lot of young Christians do.

Source(s): age

alty of this relationship considering I just started growing breast. Either way I was too about saving myself and he was a virgin...so we had the same track level. I did eventually toss out my morals & virtue...when our relationship became much more intense. Don't allow his age to confuse you or make you feel childish. The ending to my story is believe it or not I am now 22 and he is 26 and we have been together for 9 years, own a house, are engaged & own an adorable little yorkie together. We have been very responsible and have realized time is the grea