Whats the best program that will allow me to transfer media from my ipods to my new computer?

Whats the best program that allows to transfer media from my ipods to my new computer?

I need a good versatile program that will allow me to take my ipods and load the contents onto my new laptop

I have been searching the net for days, but i'm scared to download anything b/c i fear they may contain viruses!

Do any of you guys have any recomendations for me?

Favorite Answer

actually, you dont really need to downlad anything, just follow these steps:

1) connect ur iPod to ur PC

2) open my computer > Apple iPod (disk)

3) type in the adress toolbar of the folder : "iPod_Control"

4) then it will open an ampty folder or it may contain tones/gamestats

5) dont open them, just type in the toolbal agan: "Music"

6) right click in Any space and make sure the "Hidden" place in un-checked.....

7) ull c folders named F14 - F28 - and many more ;)

8) open them, and there r all ur videos + music!! the names might be "DZUG" or "SIMF" but never mind that....!

9) copy eeeeeeeeverything into r hard drive or any folder in ur PC

10) from there, drag the songs (called GHDD or whatever) inot ur iTunes

11) THEN NAMES WILL COME BACK!

*make sure u follow step #9 carefully....u HAVE TO save the music files somwhere else in ur PC (dont just drage the stuff from the iPod disk directly to iTunes)

EDIT:

in some of the folders u find, (f-14 or whatever) there ARE video files! inside some of the folders are music AND videos together...! u can notice the difference by the icon of audio or video files..anyways the videos will be called something like HUDS or whatever but when u drag them into iTunes the name will some back :D

good luck;**

Source(s): i did this when we got a new comp. and when i bought a laptop :D

Try Cucusoft iPod/iPhone to PC Transfer

it is a very handy tool for windows user to transfer music songs, playlists, video files

and more from ipod to computer. Download at http://www.mp3dvdsoft.com/ipodtopc/

GOOD LUCK!