Why do developing countries tend to have a bigger family size?

Well i had this question for my homework : Population growth in developing countries is usually greater than in developed countries. Provide two reasons why population growth (family size) is likely to be greater in these poorer, developing countries than in wealthier developed countries. Well for the 1st... show more Well i had this question for my homework :

Population growth in developing countries is usually greater than in developed countries. Provide two reasons why population growth (family size) is likely to be greater in these poorer, developing countries than in wealthier developed countries.

Well for the 1st reason i put Poorer societies tend to place a higher economical value on children. In some countries, you are considered wealthy by how many children you have.

I need a 2nd reason and i can't think of any, can anyone give me some help? Thanks!