Why is my cd burner suddenly getting error after error?

I have an Emachines (lol I know). It runs with XP and I bought it about six months ago brand new. Not sure what model but fairly new on the market. The burner has worked fine, until the past few weeks. When I go to burn a cd, it always gives an error. I've tried various programs, various brands of CD-Rs and nothing works. For every 5 cds I try, it usually completes 1.

As it starts the burning process, the cpu begins to run VERY loudly like it's working way too hard to burn the disc. I really don't want to have to buy an external burner or replace this one. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Or how I could fix this?

Favorite Answer

emachines is a good brand nothing to be ashamed about i have one but anyway...id say your cd-burner is going bad so you might have to buy another internal cd-rom-burner and replace it.....you can most likely order one from either emachines.com or your computer manufacturer

i dealt with the comparable venture sometime lower back... re-installation the working device (OS) will restoration ur subject. yet u might desire to have all ur driving force CDs.... and if u have approximately 3 or 4 GB RAM then decide for living house windows 7 it needs not greater drivers all that... desire this helped... that is going to restoration ur subject ur device would be as solid as new :)