How to convince parents to give me a car for Christmas.?

I am 16 years old and have had my permit for 5 months. In December I will be able to get my license.But my parents wont let me have a car. I keep telling them I need it for Summer when I have to work and they just say You will get it between December and March. Any advice

I also forgot to mention. That I am getting my moms old car and she will get the new car

Favorite Answer

Get a job and earn one on your own.

you are probably one of those teenagers that likes to show off. I'm not trying to be mean but that sort of thing doesn't last forever. What they and I are trying to tell you is that you shouldn't be so impatient. I know you are excited because you are 16 and will get your license soon but for now I think you should be good with your mom's old car for practice. I think that when you are older, then you will get your chance.

• Lilly

Not getting it before christmas isnt that bad. Winter driving is difficult depending where you live. Can you afford gas and insurance?

I agree you should show good grades. Good students get in far fewer accidents. It is a fact and they usually get discounts for insurance up to 25%.

Be patient! And be careful...

I was NEVER given a car. I worked hard to buy my first car at 17.

be thankful, be patient....

i got my first car when i was in my second year of college. There's a lot of things i can say about you right now.... but i wont for the sake that you're 16 and don't know any better

ask your parent for their point of view and try to understand it. then tell them yours and think it over. Is it worth to keep bothering them for buying me a car? if you disagree again, talk to your parents again. just remember that your parents are always going to be by your side forever. Even if they die.

Source(s): A Seventeen Magizine
  • Mike K

i love to brag to my friends that i buy all my own stuff. if your not going to be working in the winter then you dont need a car.

show them that you are responsible..

list other reasons you want/may need a car..

dont bug them TOO much about (they may be trying to surprise you)

make a deal with them maybe?..

(if you get me a car, ill run my brother around..) or something like that..

Make good grades and do your chores early. Show that you are responsible

Give them bluebook value.