Gun Ownership Question?

Where do I go to fill out the paperwork for gun ownership?

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine recently (yesterday) filled out the paperwork and he said he did it at a county/city building. We don't live in the same city so I was curious if it's like that everywhere. And yes, I know you can fill out the paperwork at the store where you buy the gun.

And yeah... I know how to use a ******* handgun.

Favorite Answer

Well, gun ownership paperwork will be filed at the store where you are purchasing the gun. If you are referring to the permit for carrying the gun, you will need to go to your local police department. Sometimes, you will be unable to file this paperwork at a city or town police department. If this is the case, go to the Sheriff's Office of the county in which you reside. They will definitely be able to help you. Good luck!

Source(s): 5 years law enforcement

It all depends on where you live. By me you purchase your weapon fill out the background check, and take home your gun. In the case of a handgun you have to wait a week.

Before thinking about buying a gun, go take a safety course where they teach you these things. It's not a good idea to just go out and get a gun without having a clue how to use it.

• ?

At the store where you purchase the firearm.

Usually you do it in the shop where you make the purchase.

It all depends on your state...see the link.