Question about google search engine?

Okay, so my question is sorta strange but here it is. When i type something in like "how to blah blah blah" on google i get all the other things that i've searched before that started with "how to" or "how...". Anyways, is there any way to get everything coming up removed or gone? Not showing up? Its annoying to have the list and my friend used my computer and looked up the weirdest things. lol I've tried restarting my computer but it doesnt go away even after that. And im not talking about the thing on the front page where you type it and it comes up with related items or whatever along with your previous things.

Favorite Answer

Depending on your browser, it may vary. But, you can just go under "tools", then "options", and clear the internet cache + cookies. That should theoretically do it.

• gumsy

There is a place on your computer you turn that off permanently, I just don't remember right now, but for temporary, you can do this.

At the top of your computer screen you will see a menu and it says: "Tools" Click on that.

In the menu which drops down you will see "Internet Options" Click on that. On that page click "Delete cookies" and also "Delete files" and "Clear history"

It will remove the previous searches and things which have been viewed before.

Go to google.com and next to the search bar click "Preferences." The last choice on the list is:

Query Suggestions

Provide query suggestions in the search box.

Do not provide query suggestions in the search box.

If you mean the Google toolbar (the one that's part of your web browser, not on the actual website) then just click the Google logo on the left and choose "Clear Search History" from the drop down menu. :)

In internet explorer:

tools > internet options > delete button > look for the "form data" area and press the delete button there, that will clean it all up.

You can also go to tools > internet options > content tab > under the Autocomplete area click settings and then disable "forms" and anything else you would like to, this will stop your computer from remembering them at all.

if you are using firefox you can click on the "tools" tab and then click on "clear private data." that should get rid of whatever previous searches have been saved on google. if you have internet explorer then click on "tools" then under browsing history click delete and then "delete forms."

I think thats what you are asking about, this should clear anything in the search boxes

well the cool thing about google is when that list comes down put your cursor over one of the items on the list and press the delete key and poof its gone

Source(s): me
  • Marvin

This called "form input" and it gets saved in an encrypted file on your PC. You can flush it by going into tools/internet options and choosing delete button on first panel - then "delete forms". Thisis in Internet Explorer 7

In IE6 it is a little different - think its on privacy/forms but don't quote me on that

Yes that's a new feature with google. It shows you the most relevant searches with the characters you have typed in.

Delete your cookies. In "Tools" click "Clear Private Data." Get rid of everything you want to.

not depended on google! it's your browser that saves your search criteria. delete it from internet options>content>auto complete

if using IE6.