Is it possible to get outta the army?

I am an amry infantry 11C soldier. I am stationed in Fort Stewart, GA. I have recently been having trouble passing my pt tests. Also with the new mission that has start(ccrmf) i am not allowed to go home to new york and get married for christmas leave. I have been promised many times that i will be able to get married at that time but then was denied everytime now. I had problems with money, license and family. when i brought it up for some help i was told to f everything and go do push ups. now i had my car taken away, they are trying to get rid of my fiance to make it soo she doesnt like the life style she will be living and they are making me buy a whole bunch of gear to use my money that i know we will never use that gear ever. Now i have not been able to see my fiance or family in over a year and it is pissing me off because we are in the states and i cant see my family. others get to go but not me. Now from wat i see i dont want to be in the army. is there a way to get out? THis was a life for me at first but not anymore. the army definitely isnt a family friendly job.

i am not a screw up. i am considered very reasonable. one of the best shooters too. i am not a whiney person but when you havent seen the love of your life in a year while in the states it hurts you. i understand over sees but here in the states its uncalled for

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you pissed someone off in your unit. Either recently or in the past few months. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be going to such lengths to mess with you. The first thing you want to do is, do exactly what they say. You don’t want to piss them off any further. Second, try no to fall out of any runs …they will be watching and documenting it. Third, you need an ally. Could be an officer or your squad leader (someone you can trust). Fourth, you need advise from JAG (even though they are worthless half the time). You still need their advise. They only draw back is that you have to let someone know you’re going there or just tell them you’re going to get power of attorney just in case. Advise: when you go for a PT Test in the one-mile-track by the NG area …run down and make the turn early (make sure no one sees you), you will make better time. Lastly, have a sincere talk with your CO, he may actually understand …use the open door policy. Depending on how much time you have left just put up with it and get out. They will only give you a few months to get in shape …so just go running on weekends. Be patient. Last resort ...go to you congressman.

Good luck ..brother! HOO hhaaa!

Source(s): Experience

It sounds like you are not doing what you are suppose to. When you signed that contract you made a oath to honor that contact. And you agreed to maintain a fitness standard and you are not doing that. They can take your car away for many reasons examples are to many tickets, vehicle is unsafe are maybe possible AWOL. You are going to have a hard time getting out with a honorable discharge. If you have more than 12 months at your current duty station fill out 4187 and ask for a new duty station. Or if your reenlistment window is open reenlistt for a new job or choice of duty station. If its true what you are saying it boils down to poor leadership. Not all of the Army is ran this way. I have been in great units and ones that have sucked sh**.

• Bobby

You get 30 days leave per year plus some weekend leaves, or at least I did. Unless you are a major screw up you should be certainly able to take some leave and get married. You are not telling the whole story, I think. You have to buy military gear? It should be furnished to you.

What do you expect the Army to do about your car or your license?

That is not their problem......

Why is passing PT test a problem ...recently?

Too much time at EM club?

Do some push ups and see if you can't get back into their good graces.

How much leave do you have on the books? At some point they have to approve the leave request. You can't be forced to forfeit leave.

If everything you wrote is true, it's about time to get the IG or your Congressman involved. Of course, I'm sure your command has its version of these events.

Source(s): Retired Chief Petty Officer

Actually it is fairly family friendly. But by the sounds your slacking major bad by not even being to keep in basic shape and such so why should they go outta their way to give you even more reasons to slack further and reward you for that?

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND HAS SOMETHING AGAINST YOU. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS TAKE THIS UP WITH YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND. I KNOW YOU HAVE PROBABLY DONE THIS ALREADY, SO KEEP TAKING IT HIGHER AND HIGHER. GO TO YOUR EO REPRESENTATIVE OR MAKE AN IG COMPLAINT. TELL THEM YOUR SITUATION. AND YES THERE ARE WAYS TO GET OUT, BUT ITS GONNA BE HARD. KEEP FAILING YOUR PT TESTS. THEY WILL EVENTUALLY KICK U OUT. BUT DO NOT RESORT TO DRUGS TO TRY AND GET OUT. ITLL ONLY HURT YOUR FUTURE. BUT THINK ABOUT THIS REALLY HARD. IM IN THE ARMY AND IVE WANTED TO GET OUT PLENTY OF TIMES. U HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT. I KNOW U DONT LIKE IT NOW AND IT SEEMS THEY ARE AGAINST YOU BUT ALL IN ALL U WILL HAVE ALL THE BENEFITS AND THE ARMY WILL TAKE U PLACES. EVERYONE GOES THRU A HARD TIME WITH IT. I KNOW I DID. BUT DO EVERYTHING TASTEFUL, TACTFUL AND RESPECTABLE. CUZ THE ARMY LOOKS AT PEOPLE WHO DONT DO WELL AT PT AS A PIECE OF SH*T...ID HATE IT SAY IT, BUT ITS TRUE. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU

How much time did you enlist for?

How much you got left?

I can't understand why they would treat you like that,

so many people now enlist that are already married

that I would think they would let you so you would be happier with the whole damn thing.

Source(s): BTDT and thought the army sucked. Did my three and told them AMF.

sure kiss your boyfriend in plain view of your CO, adn also did you not read th epart that said inyour contract you are now federal property and expected to do what your told? I have never seen so many whiny people who volenteerd to serve then when it gets hard they whine I want out....

try bookin your days leave or if you want out badly have a joint smoke some weed possiblilty of getting discharged??