Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

so are you guys sure i might not have anything?

i used a condom, it didnt break or slip off. She looked like she didnt have any bumps or red pimples down there. im 18 years old i really dont need this i know i shouldve thought about it before i did it but its just really bothering me right now and i dont want to go to the doctor cause i dont wanna make my mom worried and get her all scared so can someone reassure to me that i dont have nothing

• B K
    Favorite Answer

You did not have a risk of contracting HIV from this episode of protected sex. Let me tell you why:

1) You were protected and condoms work.

2) The chance that your partner was infected is very low. Most of the people do not have HIV specially in industrialized countries, even if the are sexually active.

3) Even with unprotected sex, a single episode of vaginal sex carries a risk of 1 in 1000, which is very slim (I am not saying it is zero)

For HIV, you do not have anything to be worried about. You were protected. For other STDs, most of them are not transmitted when condoms are used. There is a slim chance of the STDs that are transmitted by skin to skin contact (like herpes), but when condom is used the chance is very low.

So to summarize, dont worry about it. But if my reassurance does not help you, feel free to go and get tested. Actually it is recommended to get tested once a year if you are sexually active. I am confident that your tests will be negative.

Congratulations on practicing safe sex. Keep up the good work.

You're fine. For peace of mind you might want a HIV test, go to www.hivtest.org for a free location near you, and your parent's don't have to know.

Source(s): HIV Educator/Trainer