guy who says he is allergic to latex condoms?

Ok so this guy im thinking about doing the deed with says he is allergic to latex. He says "non latex" condoms still have latex in them and that he can't wear them at all.

Should I believe him or trust him?

Favorite Answer

Haha no, no, non-latex condoms are made specifically for people allergic to latex. Even for people who are just sensitive to latex. There is NO latex used in them. This dude just doesnt wanna wrap it.

Though you should know, latex condoms are 98 percent effective against pregnancy, Polyurethane (non-latex) condoms are slightly more likely to break but they are nearly as effective.

But seriously, if this guy is going to lie to you about this to try to get you to sleep with him without protection, maybe you should rethink doin' the guy.

I have allergies, pollen, dust, etc. I get allergic reactions with bandages (latex). Not all bandages and not all the time. So I'm not sure how that works. Usually with cuts, all the skin under the bandage breaks out in little bumps. They look and feel like a poison ivy rash. I have no reaction when I wear latex gloves (or condoms). So I think the skin has to be broken for me to have a reaction, but I'm guessing. Also, it's common for guys to lose their erection when they use a condom. Sometimes, as soon as they put one on their penis, sometimes a little later. Usually with beginners. They might be embarrassed to say so.

No! There are condoms out there with no latex in them. There are many people who have latex allergies and are still able to use non-latex condoms. Do not let this guy make excuses like that, he just doesn't want to wear a condom.

Well... maybe but you should protect yourself.

There are lamb skin condoms that have no latex in it. However they don't protect from HIV and some other STDs because of there porous nature.

They can be used under a latex condom so latex doesn't come in contact with him and you are protected fully. The two condom rule doesn't apply because they are not both latex. It's ok to use them together.

You should definitely believe him because there are a handful of guys who are severely allergic to any form of Latex..

You can find Lamb Skin condoms but they can be pricey..

Also if this is a serious relationship, you can look into using female condoms or birth control, or even talk to your gyno or family plan for other options.

His story sounds kinda fishy to me...but it doesn't really matter what his reason for not wearing a condom is, if he's not gonna wear one then he's putting you at risk. If you two are in a committed relationship then you should at least consider both of you getting tested for STDs before you do anything. And then if both of you are OK, you can always investigate alternative birth control methods (i.e. the pill, etc.). But don't let that guy pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do, if u want him to use a condom and he won't it's his problem.

EDIT: One more thing, don't use lambskin, it does not effectively prevent STDs because of the fact that the skin has pores in it through which infections could pass.

Don't use lamb skin condoms, they don't protect against STDs.

Use pollyurathane condoms. They have absolutly no latex in them; they were developed for people with latex allergies. He might have been missinformed, but it's more likely that's he's trying to get you to ride bareback. Don't do it, it's not worth it.

No latex means no latex, simple as that. It is designed for the people who have allergy to it. He just wants to have sex without condom which gives more pleasure to men. ( I don't know about women's side)

Thus, he is just being selfish and not truthful.

Latex allergies are real. However, he can use either lambskin condoms or polyurethane condoms. Both are safe for people with latex allergies.

Either that or just stick to bjs and stuff.

There are latex allergies, but I am sure he could find some latex free ones. Be careful of him...