how to find replacement dongle for husqvarna viking designer II sewing machine?

my dongle that lets my software work is cracked, and it seems to be quite hard to find one online

7 Answers

Relevance
  • lori s
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hope you have your reciept for the machine, parts have a 25 year warrenty for Viking machines. Any dealer can provide the warrenty work.

• 4 years ago

Husqvarna Viking Designer 1 Parts

• 6 years ago

“They” will tell you that you cannot use regular thumb drives for inputting design files using the USB port on the Topaz 30. If you just want to embroider from existing design file, there is a way to do so without buying the very expensive Viking/Husky Dongle. If you convert the .HUS design files to .VP3 format and put them on a plain old thumb drive (non-Viking/Husky), the Topaz will recognize them, load them, and embroider them. The files can be converted using the 4D Organizer. On ours, we just arranged them in folders like Animals, Flowers, Fonts (the fonts are .VF3 format), Leaves, etc. Many of the files on the CDs that came with the machine are already in .VP3 format. We had bought a show model and the dongle was missing, but so far the regular thumb drive is working just fine, and by mirroring the files on the laptop, we view the design in 4D organizer which includes the worksheet window (thread descriptions, etc.) and the RealSize image. The Topaz display is very crude. We have downloaded many VP3 files and all are recognized and read from the regular thumb drive.

• 5 years ago

I have a Topaz 20 Husqvarna machine, can I also use a regular USB stick?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hi, Deb.

Unfortunately this is a Husqvarna product and has to be purchased via an authorized dealer. Don't be surprised if it is not covered by the warranty.

PJ

• 1 decade ago

You may have to call the dealer on this one. Some parts are only available directly to people who repair these machines professionally. Sorry.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

A Viking dealer is going to have to order one for you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.