Has anyone heard of this product called Acai its supposed to be a berry pill that's an antioxidant.?

There is a product that I heard of on Oprah and CNN and a few other shows. Its called Acai. It is supposed to be an Antioxidant and a dietary supplement. If anyone has tried or knows something about this product please let me know something.

Favorite Answer

Yep, I saw it on Oprah and on Rachel Ray I think.. anyway, I ordered the free sample from http://ultraacaiberry.com/y/ and I have been taking it for like 3 weeks so far and it's been working really great! I've started losing weight, I have more energy, and I just FEEL great..

Many people first heard of Acai on Oprah and CNN. It has been getting a lot of national attention lately.

Acai berry products are becoming very popular right now, but there are some things that you need to take into consideration in terms of the acai pills. Acai berries are only from the Amazon in Brazil, so anything that is not from there may not be acai, or may be very low quality acai. Because the acai berry is so perishable, much of the nutrient and antioxidant content of the berry may be lost not long after harvesting, unless it is somehow preserved to maintain its nutritional integrity. Many acai pills and powders are very low quality, because the process they go through rids the acai of its nutrition. One thing to check is the color of the pill or the powder. The acai berry is a very dark purple, almost black, and so any pill or powder that is medium to light purple is made up of very low quality acai. Because the popular thing right now is the acai berry diet, there are many companies trying to pass off low quality acai. Acai is not cheap, and with "free trials" you usually get what you pay for. Those are some things to look for.

The acai product that I use is called Monavie. It is a nutritional fruit juice who's main ingredient is the acai berry. Monavie has a facility right on the Amazon that allows them to process the acai immediately after harvesting. They have a patented flash freezing process that allows them to retain nearly all of the nutritional and antioxidant content of the acai. It is also a delicious addition to any diet. Since I have been drinking it I have lost weight, I feel healthier and more energetic, and I have noticed that I sleep better at night.

Source(s): If you would like to learn more, you are welcome to visit http://mymonavie.com/donovanewing and feel free to ask any questions

Acai is a berry, very high in antioxidants, that has been around for a long time, Oprah just made it know to the public. You can buy it in pill, juice or berry form. Because it is an antioxidant, it is a great addition to diet but the berry alone can not produce great weight loss. Diet and exercise must be there also(sorry ;) )

Source(s): health store owner

I ca vouch for the power of the Acai Berry. I had a really hard time losing weight after my son was born. I tried using a lot of different weight loss supplements with no success. Within 3 months of starting on the Acai Berry, I lost 44 lbs. I will recommend it to anyone.

Source(s): My weight loss story - http://www.sarahsweightloss.info/

Heartland Select Muscadine Juice is a great alternative!!!

It's small, it's unassuming and it's a secret grown right in America's own back yard.

"America's First Grape," the muscadine, was already growing wild in America before European settlers arrived back in the 1500's, and they started cultivating it soon after that. Since then, generations and generations of Americans have grown them, but only in the last few years has the true power and potential of this treasure really been discovered.

Muscadine has one of the highest ORAC scores of any fruit produced by Mother Nature.

Provides a superior content of specific antioxidant compounds, which means both a higher level and better blend of antioxidants to fight the free radicals that enter the human body.

One of nature's best sources of resveratrol.

For more information look under the Heartland Select Tab at

www.infinity2.com/jverbeke

Hi,

I understand your question and concern about the acai berry especially since this fruit is gaining such popularity due to being featured on such TV’s shows as The Today Show, Rachael Ray and Oprah. But let me share with you my experience.

I've been using acai berry products for a couple of months now and I've noticed that yes they do work. I used them when I wanted to trim off about 15lbs.

I knew that diet and exercise alone would help achieve that goal alone but I needed something to help me with my mid afternoon snacking urges. This is where I found the acai berry really helped me.

It helped to curb those mid afternoon urges which meant when I went out jogging later that night I wasn't just jogging to work off that bag of Doritios I snacked on around 3pm instead I was actually working off the weight I wanted..

After a couple months I now no longer needed the supplements and can manage my weight more easily, so I found that yes they really did help speed up my weight loss goals when I used them along with a diet and exercise program, as the berries gave me more energy and helped to curb my appetite

I got my free trial bottle from the site below

None work still, how can a pill make you lose weight? Think about it, you're swallowing something that only adds to your food intake, it's not like a pain killer or medication that fights infection or viruses. If any pills worked, no one would be fat and you would know what it is by now. The only reason anyone has lost weight on diet pills is because they were ON a diet. Dieting healthily is the best and fastest way to lose weight I'm afraid.

MY gf takes acai berry power with extreme green tea and she has lost 10lbs in 8 days. She got hers from the site below.

I have been using this for a while. I buy a powdered form that you add to bottled water. I get it at GNC. I love it. It gives you a lot of energy. Very high in antioxidants.

Mona-vie is all natural

Enhance your body's joint health with MonaVie Active. This advanced formula features the added benefit of plant-derived glucosamine, which has been scientifically shown to promote healthy joint function by targeting mobility and flexibility. Designed to support joint performance and recovery, this vital formula delivers the resources your body needs to get moving

Source(s): For countless centuries, the people of the Amazon have revered this unique fruit for its health-promoting properties and prized it as a source of health and vitality. The remarkable health benefits of açai are continually being documented by modern science. And because of its unparalleled antioxidant levels and extraordinary nutrient content, açai is now widely regarded as one of the world's top superfoods. Açai is rich in the following beneficial nutrients: Antioxidants Phytonutrients Amino acids Vitamins Trace minerals