Bob O
Lv 6
Bob O asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you think that John McCain not being invited to next years CPAC and Sarah Palin being included means that?

the GOP is going back to supporting extreme conservatives?

Do you think that going that route represents danger to our country?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Going back?

I think it is their way of telling him any hopes he had for the presidency are over and that they have moved on to the newer, better model. That's what they do. Use who ever they think will promote the agenda, and then spit them out. When it becomes clear that Sarah Palin just isn't up to the task (HELLO), they will do the same with her. Again.

Is it a danger to our country? Yes. But the same danger it's been to our country for years now. The one sided view of 'their' America. It's a great country as long as you do it their way. Very scary.

But they aren't going to be in total control for much longer. And maybe if the people of this country start remembering what it's like to have free will and the ability to speak their mind again, without being battered by hate and fear.... they will remember that this is OUR country and will once again have the courage to do what is right as opposed to what is popular.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes to the first part of your question, and no, it represents danger for the GOP.

I also think they will go even more extreme because in their minds, they have not been 'conservative' enough. Funny thing about that, it has nothing to do with spending or growing the size of the federal government. It has only to do with their quest to find a candidate that will stamp out the gay problems, with prayer and legislation, make sure their guns are safe and cut taxes. That is what today's 'conservatives' are all about.

• 4 years ago

i think of McCain does. thinking his very own age, McCain ought to have picked somebody individuals would have felt extra delicate with as president than Sarah Palin. no longer many people have been keen to enable Palin substitute into president ought to something ensue to McCain whilst in place of work.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Running Palin in 2012 guarantees Obama reelection. Bring her on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ron Paul was invited.

And yes I hope the GOP returns to the good old days. Smaller government is the way to go.

• Alex C
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Uhm, no. Its been pretty obvious this was McCain's last shot, and that he is about ready to retire.

As far as extremes go, what exactly is Obama then?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They can't, as there aren't very many extreme young people, the church is dying out.

Younger people have individual beliefs, they don't have to go to church, so they aren't as controlled. It would be a big mistake to go extreme.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am a Conservative and I think that's GREAT!

PALIN / GIULIANI 2012!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.