Is my parenting coordinotor fair?

Well, my kids age 10 and 12 do not want to go to their father's house when they are suppose to (which is every other weekend). I was told that I would have to stay in front of his house for as long even for 3 hours, and leave when they leave the car. Now, since that didn't work out, my parenting coordinator has decided that me and my husband should go to a public place and wait till the kids get out of my car, but he only told my husband to wait only for 5 minutes than leave. He liked it before because he would be fine sitting in his office doing his paperwork while the kids and i were wainting outside. Now , it is still good for him because he only has to wait 5 minutes. Do you think that is the right thing?

Favorite Answer

Who's the parent here? You're allowing your kids to sit in the car and refuse to get out for 3 hours? Tell those brats to get out of the car and in the house. Assuming that there is no valid reason for them to not want to see their father (meaning abuse), then they just need to get off their butts and get on with it. Stop being a wimp and act like a parent.

This seems like a double standard has developed. What should have been addressed by your parent coordinator is why your children do not want to be with their father. I think you should see if you could have another coordinator take your case. This one is making you do more work than is necessary.

I am confused. What is a parenting coordinator? and what is the reason you have to sit outside ? I think we need more of an explanation.

I don't get the sitting in the car part.