premature babies is desired? very strange...?

I personally know woman and I have also read about women wanting small , premature babies.

Why do you think a woman might want a baby under 5 lbs?

I don't get it.

Favorite Answer

Because, like, OMG, they're just so, like, CUTE!!!!!!! <--- Is what idiots who *want* preemies say.

And all the 'women' needing help with names for their triplets, quadruplets and more in the baby names section are bored teenagers who think: Like, OMG, it would be, like, so cool to have that many babies and I could, like, dress them up and, like, take them out to see all my friends and there would be, like, enough for all to hold one, and like, like, like.... Okay, I'm totally off topic, going to bed soon.

I don't care what size my baby is as long as it's healthy. I would be afraid anything under 5 pounds wouldn't be so healthy and could cause the baby problems.

I haven't had anyone tell me they wanted a premature baby, but I would assume because they're so small. I like inbetween. My first was really big and after that I wanted to know what it was like to have a smaller, average size baby, but not premature.

A couple of different reasons maybe

1. They are sick of being pregnant and just want to have there baby.

2. They are scared of childbirth and think having a smaller baby will mean an easier birth.

3. Like other women said they might like the look of smaller babies.

Obviously these are all ridiculous reasons and hopefully no woman would actually want to put there baby at risk.. unfortunately there are alot of selfish and stupid people in the world.

It's a weight thing. I have heard that some women ask to be induced at 8 months so that they don't have the last month of weight gain (for themselves!)

It has to do with gaining all your weight in the last tri-mester, the women feel that if they bypass that last month they can keep their pregnancy weight gain minimal, *and* reduce the risk of stretch marks.. In the meantime, their poor child suffers.

It has nothing to do with wanting a tiny baby, it has to do with wanting to keep their own weight gain at low. The small baby is just a product of losing that last 4 weeks in the womb.

[and when they ask to be induced, it's a scheduled c-section.]

Source(s): I saw that on a Movie.

Honestly I wonder how the human race ever survived.

(Don't forget the "fewer stretch marks" BS -and if you have a preemie by elective C then they can do a tummy tuck *vomit*. And feminists say SAHMs are setting the movement back.)

• Spanks

They don't want a baby, they want a baby doll.

I don't get it at all. I was so glad my daughter was big and healthy. One of my biggest fears when I was pregnant was having a small baby and having to leave her in the hospital after she was born.

Either because they remind them of cute little dolls or because they get a twisted sense of love-power over protecting such an incredibly vulnerable little baby. Either way, it's disgusting to wish a child would be at risk for lifelong problems because their premie is "cute".

makes me shudder.

they are only thinking about themselves not the health of the baby! i like chubby babies nice and healthy =0)

• Alisa

That is very disturbing, I like my babies big, strong and healthy and ready to take home!!!

They should get a kitten instead...actually maybe they shouldn't. I would worry for the cat.