Is Leviathan better than Blood Mountain?

I've heard from practically everyone that Leviathan is Mastodon's best album, yet Blood Mountain is absurdly awesome to the point of ridiculousness. It has grown on me A GREAT DEAL since when I got it in August. Though not without it's faults (Hunters Of The Sky & Siberian Divide = meh), it is an amzing album. So, does Leviathan top it?

Also, why does Brent Hinds spit so much when he sings live? It really hinders it, because there's so much spittle.

• S>T<W
    Favorite Answer

I know exactly what you mean. I've seen some album reviews calling Leviathan a masterpiece and Blood Mountain somewhat of a let down.

It's ridiculous! I like Blood Mountain alot more than Leviathan. Leviathan is not as memorable to me as BM. I mean "Colony of Birchmen", "The Wolf Is Loose", "Hand of Stone", "Crystal Skull"....overall, a great album...

Good to see another Mastodon fan. I know Leech, who used to be on here alot was a big fan, but I haven't seen any others since I've been on this site.

And, to be honest, I had kinda forgot about Mastodon before this question. Thanks alot for reminding me of a great band,

I liked Leviathan slightly more than BM.

Source(s): SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE!
  • migh

i need to check these out as i've only heard that rockin' 'march of the fire ants' tune... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShqlufsq5w

Youtube thumbnail

... i heard 'remission' was vey good, but i never took a look... nice post!