What's this type of cultural scream thing called...?

It's a good kind of scream that Middle Easterners usually do...

Like when belly dancers are dancing, and they're all "wooo hooo!"

about it... so they do that tribal type encouragement noise.

But it's not just like "wooo!"...

Some use their tongue to make the noise pulsate...

it's hard to explain lol.

Some people do it at the end of this video...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GjvaPsH3Sxo&feature=...

• Hafiz
    Favorite Answer

I think you are referring the Oolu-oolu sound referring to a sound made by Bengali women simultaneously moving their tongues and beating their mouths with an open palm. It is performed immediately after the sunset while lighting the lamp for the night.

The oolu-oolu is also performed by women of both families, is meant to draw widespread attention to the wedding ceremony. To complement the oolu-oolu, a conch is blown. Assamese have a similar version of the oolu-oolu, which they call the uluni. This is performed by rolling the tongue inside the mouth.

Similar sounds are also practiced by Arab women to express their joys, particularly during wedding ceremonies, I suppose.

Hope above helps.

Despite what a few "Christians" will let you know, I'm a religious Christian myself and had this occur to me 3 instances. It's sleep paralysis. On most sensible of the incapacity to transport however feeling like you are utterly conscious, there may be usually the sensation that you are threatened via any one within the room (although there is no one there). Although it sort of feels weird, it is quite a normal situation. It ALWAYS happens on the "Hypnogogy" state of sleep (that's, among waking and drowsing), that's why it are not able to be demonic. I realize it's a daunting factor to occur, however I've had it occur myself and as soon as I was once completely satisfied of the reply, I have not had it because. Believe me, it is not demonic, it is not religious. We could also be religious beings, however we've got fleshly our bodies, and frequently - particularly frankly - they behave unusually (consider of deja vu or "pins and needles" .. the ones are sort of bizarre too, correct?) Relax and recognize you are all correct. Best wants!