2001 Lexus IS300, 142,000 miles -- What are the usual problems around this many miles?

Hi,

I am looking at a lexus IS300, 2001. What are the usual problems with this car around 140,000 miles? Assume driven reasonably well.

Favorite Answer

front lower ball joints, water pump, front wheel bearings. that's really about it on those cars.

Source(s): 8 year master certified lexus technician
  • trip

Lexus Is 300 Problems

Lexus cars dont usually get problems, especially with the engine as they are very reliable cars if they are maintained and taken care of fairly well. I have a 2007 lexus es350 so i gotta wait and find out how reliable that car will be for me in the future.

Both of my Lexus have over 100K miles. make sure the timing belt and water pump have been changed. The tension bearing for the timing belt will go bad. This may cause the timing belt to fail. Other than that. I replaced the tie rod ends and struts.

A Lexus will usually break down around 200,000 miles. How much does it cost $5,000?

valve cover gaskets will leak oil