How can I convince my mom to let me get a different haircut?

Right now my hair is a little over shoulder length (only about 1/2 -1" more) and its new, but how can i convince my mom to let me style it myself. I don't want to dye it some weird kolour (yet...maybe in my junior year) I just want to have it cut differently. Pic of my preferred style: http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t87/babyballoon...

I think she should let me because its my hair and me wanting to express myself. I dont want to go through the best years of my life like a Sim who just gets told what to do. Besides, if it turns out bad I'll deal with the embarrassment, not her. Im 13 by the way. This is under parenting because I want parents opinions...and teens if they want.

Favorite Answer

It's not that she doesn't want you to style your own hair. she doesn't want a rebelious look for you. Meet her in the middle. Choose a style that states your individuality, but not one that screams "look at me".

Honestly I don't like that style. Just tell your mum that without hairspray or gel, it's easy to flatten it and look "normal". Let her know you'll just spike it up sometimes, not every day so she won't be embarassed.