How do you swap a 3.4L V6 engine with a 383 LS3 Corvette engine?

Its either going to be taken out of a WS-6 Trans Am or a Crate engine

Update:

It is either coming out of a WS-6 Trans Am or gonna buy a crate engine. It is going in a 95 Base Camaro with Flowmaster exhaust. Hope that's enough info....

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hmmm... lets see. you will need motor mounts for the 383, new radiator, fuel system, trany, and mounts, you will have to build a custom exhaust kit from headers to mufflers, if desired. you may have to make fender wells more shallow. the list goes on. i put a 454 in my 89 s10. and about 17grand later i had it on a track running mid 7s.

• Tony
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

First off the LS3 isn't a 383, it's a 376. Second, the WS6's had a LS1 motor, not a LS3.

What kind of vehicle is this going in? Another Fbody? Need more details. Anything can be swapped into a car(within reason). You need to post up more details and get some facts straight before we can help you.

• 1 decade ago

dont forget about the computer, harness, exhaust, transmission, cooling system and rear end. your wont be able to use the v6 stuff for long behind that v8

• 1 decade ago

its can fit, and did you mean 4.3? i seen a episode of trucks tv on spike channel where they took a 95 s10 4.3 v6 and swapped it to a 350, if you want to see it google project s-10k

Source(s): google.com and me.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

very carefully

Source(s): my grandpa always says that
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.