Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHyundai · 1 decade ago

1998 Hyundai Tiburon 132 k miles?

Hello I will do my research but I would just like a quick answer until I have time. If I was to buy a 1998 Hyundai Tiburon for my daughter as a first car, with 132000 miles would it last long? I am not sure what a good amount of miles is for a car and a little help would be nice. thank you

Favorite Answer

It might last, 1st thing to do is have a mechanic check the car for needed repairs/maintenance and any safety issues. Next find the value at nada.com or kbb.com I'd find out what the crash impact ratings of the old Tiburon are as I'm sure your daughter like most teens will have an accident within the 1st year. So, make sure the car you buy has ABS and front airbags at the minimum for her safety. 132,000 miles is alot, which is why it should cost a little compared to a new model at $17-22K since you are likely to need some repairs along the way.