What is the motivation for assassination of an important leader? Why do it?

Four US presidents were assassinated in American history. They are Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinney, and John F. Kennedy.

Why do crazy maniacs assassinate leaders?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Irish
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To take the wind and spirit out of the people who follow them. It could also be a grudge or revenge.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with Jesse. I've studied JFK's assassination for YEARS like it was my dang job & LeeHarveyOswold was just a crazy a$$ lunatic that was raised ridiculously & took it out on JFK to prove a point. His point that was nothing.LeeHarveyOswold served for our country..then shot the President???? NO ONE can explain that one.Exactly why they are 'crazy maniacs' as you said. People can't cope with change & give other people above them a chance. More or less though, the people that assassinated leaders were the bull~headed types & hated to see someone who could actually make a good change in the world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Usually for political reasons, but Hinckley tried to assassinate Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

• 1 decade ago

Its historically the most hatred act committed starting with Cain killing Able out of jealousy and spitefulness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They obviously have NO commen sense so there really doesnt have tobe any reason why when u think abotu it. They are just crazy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To be famous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.