Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

I shaved my pubes and it is really itchy?

is this normal? it is the first time that i have shaved

Update:

i did it in the shower with a razor and water is using shaving jel better?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The itch happens because as the hair grows back, it's irritating the skin around it. To prevent itching, shave after at the end of a hot shower. Discovered this trick from a girl I used to see. It'll still itch but itch less. If you don't want to itch at all, just shave just the shaft and scrotum and trim the rest.

• 1 decade ago

Just think about when you shave your face. Does it ever itch? This is going to happen down there as well. The only way to stop it would be to put some kind of ointment or lotion on it to stop the itching. I never recommend someone completely shaves it off. Trimming is good, but if you can stand the itching, then shave it all.

• 1 decade ago

its all about the direction you shave. you must shave downward, in the direction the hair grows. if you shave up, in the inverse direction you are bound for razor burn and irritation, which itches. Try putting on a mild scent-free lotion over the shaved area to give some moisture.

Source(s): Experienced down there shaver.
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I shaved my pubes and it is really itchy?

is this normal? it is the first time that i have shaved

Source(s): shaved pubes itchy: https://tinyurl.im/nwzsf
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow sucks doesnt it???

This exact same thing happend to me the first time i shaved.

but let it grow out like a centimeter and then shave again, it will get less and less itchy, eventually you wont feel it at all.

also use shaving cream and a sharp razor to avoid irritation

• 1 decade ago

Yea, its normal to be itchy once it grows back. Usually i believe in not shaving and just trimming every once in awhile because that doesn't itch at all. I really can't explain why it itches but i have had this happen to me before.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you must have done it wrong.......i shaved in the shower two weeks ago for the first time using a razor and shower gel and i put moisterizer on it.....i shaved again three days ago....i still haven't felt an itchyness......the feeling of being shaved is amazing.....i think it makes my junk look bigger......i love shaving and being shaved!!!

• It is normal. Over time, however, you will not get so irritated if you keep shaving. A sex partner may not like it, though, since it will feel prickly to them if you are not always clean shaven.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I shaved mine once. I will never do it again. Once the stubble started to grow back in, it hurt, itched and it was like i had crabs, plus it made my cock look really tiny and i have a big cock. So i was embarrassed to to look at myself, much less J. O.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yeah, I have had that problem, too. I just waited, but it stopped after a few days. Now I just stick to trimming ;-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.