Firefox is already running but is not responding error?

My firefox is stating "Firefox is already running but is not responding" and it will not run the program.

Let me elaborate, I have:

Un-installed and re-installed the program,

I can find no example of firefox running in process indicator menus,

I have tried deleting the parent.lock file, but it will not delete,

I attempted running chkdisk,

I have restarted the compy multiple times.

Firefox was interrupted during the update process and the computer shut down. I understand this is probably part of the problem.

No I don't want to use Internet Explorer.

If you haven't got anything helpful to say, don't just mouth off a smart *** comment. Thanks to those who try to help.

Favorite Answer

When you uninstall fire fox, make sure the mozilla firefox directory is deleted and then reboot. After reboot is complete then install the program again. See if that works.

Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then anticipate the activity supervisor to return up (XP) or click start up activity supervisor (Vista). click any circumstances of "firefox.exe" and end them. Then attempt to launch Firefox back.

if you know what ram is then do you know how much ram your computer has cause if it has too little then it mite not be enough to run firefox.