Do you still have to go back to your original country to renew your E-2 visa?

And when should you start the process of renewing the visa before the expiration date

2 Answers

  • Fred S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you mean "to replace" an expired E-2 visa, then the answer is "yes." If you want a new E-2 visa stamped on a page of your passport, you would have to do that outside the U.S.

    If you mean "to obtain" an extension of stay in the U.S., that is a different thing entirely. You can apply for an extension of stay inside the U.S. by sending an application to CIS.

    You should make an appointment at the visa office outside the U.S. long before you go to the country where the visa office is located.

  • 1 decade ago

    maybe just your embassy. start at least two months ahead.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.