i wANT aN oLDSMOBILE aLERO oR cHEVY cOBALT?

hEY cAN anY oF yOU tELL wHETHER aRE nOT tHESE aRE GOOD cARS?? aND hOW dO tHEY rIDE aND gAS dOES tHEY tAKE??

Favorite Answer

CAPS LOCK WAS ON :)

The Cobalt is a current produced vehicle by the General. Consumer Reports and the general Auto Magazines kind of yawn at it other then the super hot ***And Super $$$$$ To insure*** SS.

It rides nice, has a class standard amount of wind and road noise, and the cabin is logically layed out with controls. It's interior fit and finish are not as good as Japanise Vehicles such as the Corolla or Civic, and even some entry level Kia's have nice materials. But it is a American Brand, just make sure it's built in the U.S.!

It's fuel economy is upper 20's. Compared to the Japanise being in the 30's. But it's just as good as the Korean vehicles in economy. It's engine is about midpack in power.

I personally think the dead Cavalier and the new Cobalt's are some of the best looking cars from G.M.C. and very attractive looking all together for the compact market. Their crash test results are midpack.

If you can get a Civic, Mazda 3, Corolla, or even a Lancer for the same price, they would be better all around vehicles. But Chevy offers the best discounts and financing, so it will probably be the cheapes bet by at least a grand! The new Focus from Ford will be out in a bit, but the current one isn't that great.

The Olds Alero is a lager vehicle, but is getting up their in years. This was Olds best vehicle near the end but it is still a mid 90's General Motors Design. So it's reliability is going to be much worse then a Camry or Accord of the same years. It's interior fit and finish were nothing special back then, and downright low grade compared to modern designes. I would go for the somewhat smaller Cobalt. It's newer design, better fuel economy, better reliability, and better fit and finish.

I've owned 2 Chevy's - 2 Fords - 1 Dodge - and 1 Nissan Sentra as my first $200.00 Car.. The Sentra was the oldest vehicle but it was bulletproof! Chevy makes a good vehicle, especially now. But the Japanise brands are still much higher for fit and finish, quality interiors, and RESALE!

BUY AMERICAN THOUGH! I would go for the Cobalt over anything small from Ford or Dodge. And I drive a Ford now, so that sez something.

Peace.

Take a pass on the Alero. Especially the 4 cyl model. Oldsmobile's are no longer being made & many dealers dread working on them. The Cobalt is far better & relaible. But in another year or two they will stop making them & will be replaced by the new Chevy Cruze. The new Cobalts are nice looking & have steadily gotten better reviews. The new trubo charged sedan is killer, but it comes only with a 5 speed manual. There is an XFE trim that gets 37 mpg on the hwy. Not bad. The optional Pioneer stereo system sounds really nice. Good bass from the trunk mounted subwoofer.

The Alero is a good car, quite possibly one of the best Olds made. Depending on what engine the car has, the late model olds quad four (after kinks were worked out) is MUCH better than the base cobalt ecotec - not even comparable. (The quad four was 5 years ahead of the ecotec with better performance) The difference though is a much heavier car with a similar engine output - so you won't have the same performance.

I think the Alero looks better than the base cobalt. Maybe I'm just an olds guy.

• C7S

Get the Chevy Cobalt.

Newer, handles better, much better on gas, longer warranty, a better interior design.

They both use regular gas 85-87 octane.

I agree, get the Cobalt. If it was me, I would get the SS, so much faster.