Y

is it okay to pray to God to avenge you against those who have hurt you?

i was in a church and the pastor cited a passage from the bible that was about a woman who kept going to a judge and asking the judge to avenge her against the person who hurt her. he said you should ask God to do this. have u heard anything like that and is it okay?

• BK
    Favorite Answer

Romans Chapter 12.

"Vengeance is mine says the Lord. I will repay."

What it means is, don't take vengeance into your hands, pray and pour it out to God. And he will do it justly, not like we may do.

My experience has been he does it much better and in ways we never thought of. And we have nothing to do with it then.

It really is awesome...but it takes patience.

Psalm 140:10

Let burning coals fall upon them; may they be thrown into the fire, into miry pits, never to rise.

Deuteronomy 32:41

when I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me.

Isaiah 34:8

For the LORD has a day of vengeance, a year of retribution, to uphold Zion's cause.

Isaiah 34:7-9 (in Context) Isaiah 34 (Whole Chapter)

Isaiah 35:4

say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you."

Isaiah 35:3-5 (in Context) Isaiah 35

It quotes in the Bible that God says "vengence is mine I will repay". We are to turn the other cheek and forgive them for doing something hurtful to us. Jesus uttered on the Cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" He was talking about those who was mocking him, persecuting and killing him.

Source(s): The Bible

God doesn't grant anyone to do this..first of all, God doesn't speak to you. You speak the God..Even the angels in heaven don't even speak to God. God hears you but, he doesnt mandate anyone to have vengance..

I think King David did that all the time. Maybe you should ask a Rabbi.

• G C

David filled up many Psalms with that kind of talk.

If vengeance is not okay, then it's not okay to ask anyone of it. That's my answer.

no you pray for them and let jesus take care of it