I'm getting an online degree, but I need your advice?

So, I tired to be the traditional student, but since my husband is military it just does not work out for me. I don't want to be finishiing up my bachelor degree in 10 years from now. I am very interested in science, and very interested in medical stuff. I am thinking of either getting my masters degree in science and teaching college, or someday trying to get into optometry school, or even maybe medical school. Well, the degree I am getting is either in health science, or health wellness. I don't really understand the difference of them both. Will getting an online degree in this be okay? I go to Kaplan which is fully accreditted, and is a good school. It's not a diploma mill by any means. I'm kind of sad though because I would like to take a in person chemistry course, but I was thinking of going to the local community college to take a few science courses so that i get a little of that hands on experience. I have been in the classroom before though, so it's not like I have NEVER been in there, but I just wanted to get a little reasurrance! lol. Do you think that is an okay plan?

yeah, i would rather go into the science part of it

• Anne W
    Favorite Answer

since its an online only school, some employeers will still look down upon a degree from them, especially with science degrees. you should go to a school that offers online programs but also has classes on campus. Kaplan is purely an online school and employeers know this.

Source(s): getting online masters in health sciences with George Washington University
  • Blaze

Definitely go to the community college for some courses, and online degrees are fine. Go into a science though, a girl I work with graduated with health wellness and cannot find a job anywhere (teaching or anything, they want P.E. too) look into the programs that the community college offers too - my community college offers a wonderful nursing program, and you might even be able to do a nursing assistant program in a short period of time.

You should also check your local community college to see if they offer the degree you want. I looked into the online degrees and found that I can get the same degree from my community college for about half the cost of the ones offered through those online guys. Plus community colleges are accredited and their class credits are transferable.