I am 20 yrs old and got into a car accident.?

I am 20 yrs old and got into a car accident about a yr ago a collection agency threatens to suspend my license but they are wanting me to pay about 50,000.00 back which is nearly impossible because i work part time and go to school full time. Does anyone have any advice?

• Boots
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like you did not have insurance at the time of the accident (otherwise your insurance would have paid this).

If that's the case - see if you can work out an interest free payment plan with the insurance company. As long as you make your payments on time - every month - they do not take further action.

However, in many states they can suspend your drivers license and can sue you.

Source(s): Insurance Adjuster 12 years

A collection agency cannot suspend your license. What's happened is the insurance carrier for the other party as either paid for a total loss and possibly some medical and they want their money back.

The insurance carrier can submit a notice to the DMW advising them of the situation...they will decide if your license is to be suspended or revoked until payment is satisfied.

Source(s): Claims Adjuster 16 yrs

The collection agency can come after you full bore because you were obviously at fault and the person you hit turned the claim into their own insurance agency because you did not have enough insurance to cover the claim. Bankruptcy does not clear you of a legal judgment against you. Quit school and get a second job, you weasel.

A collection agency cannot suspend your license. Only a judge or the dmv can. Secondly, if you haven't gotten legal advice, I suggest that you should. Right now os the time to reconsider if you need a part time job or a full time job to pay your bills. Ya school is good, but what good is it if you cannot concentrate b/c your being beaten to death & stressed out over these legalities? My opinion.

• dude I

The Collection Agency has no authority to suspend your license. Why are they involved, through a Court Judgment? You need to find out who turned you in and what documentation they have that you owe $50,000

I would suggest you see an Attorney.

Source(s): Former Credit Bureau Manager

first of all speak to a professional law attorney because sometimes these agencie's will do anything to get their money!

besides shouldn't you have insurance?

if you didn't then it's most likely that you're license will be suspended because it's mandatory by law to have car insurance.

contain at very least 10 to fifteen grams linked with protein, which suppresses ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your want for nutrition. contain eggs, that are which will administration starvation.