Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesAudi · 1 decade ago

I want to turbo charge my 2004 audi a4 3.0 where could i get a kit to install one?

Favorite Answer

Well, since both the 3.0 and the 2.8 do not have very tunable engines, AND the 3.0 is already a very very nice engine as it is...I would recommend going in a slightly different direction.

Facing facts, the 3.0 was simply not made to be turbo charged...Since you are obviously wanting to increase the performance of your 3.0, your going to need to do that another way besides a turbo system.

This is just my suggestion (Not trying to be pushy)...But the bottom line is that if you are going to make performance increases in an A4 3.0, not only is a turbo system impractical, but also there are more efficient ways to increase the performance while at the same time spending less money than you would with the turbo

My personal suggestion would be the following:

Chip (preferably Watterauer brand): ~$400

K&N air filter: ~$50

Labor: ~$150

Making your grand total about $600...as opposed to spending 2K+ on a turbo system

The reason why I suggest going with the K&N air filter as opposed to a cold air intake is because

(a) there is no cold air intake system specifically designed for the 3.0 because the stock airbox in the 3.0 is already designed to handle 400hp, so you would be wasting your money

(b) the K&N air filter would only produce about 5hp less than the cold air intake system, thus making the cold air intake a waste of $300 in this case....

scottyshades@yahoo.com if you have more questions

Source(s): 01 Audi S4 owner/ fmr. Champion Audi employee

Pointless In my opinion. My neighbor has a 2003 Audi TT 225. It is a 4 cylinder 1.8L turbo from the factory motor with 225HP and is a quattro. My good friend just bought a 2004 A4 3.0 convertible which is a 6 cylinder and also a quattro and it only has 220HP. The TT smokes it and they are both stock, for the money you would spend on a turbo kit just keep it how it is. Its still a nice car Otherwise just trade it for a A4 1.8,or 2.0 turbo. Thats just my opinion though.

• ?

2004 Audi S4 Turbo Kit

It is going to be very expensive, probably about $5,500 for the parts and lots and lots of labor to put it on. But check autopartswarehouse.com, autoanything.com, and just Google "A4 3.0 turbo kit". Also check eBay.

Sounds like Lawyer time! I hate to say any one is actually responsible for the mess. Extended warranty company's want used parts to be used. How many miles on the Audi? Still paying for this used car nightmare. Get the financial company involved too. Did you buy from a private party of car lot?