Is it OK to wear opaque tights instead of pantyhose?

It takes me about 10 minutes to put a run in my pantyhose. Is there a way I can wear opaque cotton tights to the office rather than having to keep dealing with pantyhose? Are pantyhose considered more professional? If so, why?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yeah, it would probably be ok. if you are wearing a skirt suit, I would wear the pantyhose instead though. try buying heavier hose, like peavey, or tamara. wolfords even makes some that are a little heavier, and won't run so fast!

• 1 decade ago

It seems ok but it depends on what u wear my friend. For example for a professional business look I wouldn't wear em with a suit or sumthing in that nature but yea!!!! I like opaque!

• 5 years ago

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I wear opaques just about every day of the year, especially cotton as I find they keep me cooler. Like someone else who answered, just spring it up by wearing light colours :) have fun

• OhYeah
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Tights are more acceptable in the winter. As to being acceptable, it depends upon what you are wearing them with. Many time though the ARE acceptable and can be considered just as "professional."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Certainly you can. Opaque tights look professional and fashionable, and will definitely hold up better for you.

Source(s): Many years of wearing short skirts, pantyhose, and high heels publicly as a man.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Opaque would be fine.

• 1 decade ago

I don't see why not.. i mean they last so much longer

Source(s): i like tighhts :D
  • carla
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

sure it is fine

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think that's fine!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.