Is it OK to wear opaque tights instead of pantyhose?

It takes me about 10 minutes to put a run in my pantyhose. Is there a way I can wear opaque cotton tights to the office rather than having to keep dealing with pantyhose? Are pantyhose considered more professional? If so, why?

Favorite Answer

yeah, it would probably be ok. if you are wearing a skirt suit, I would wear the pantyhose instead though. try buying heavier hose, like peavey, or tamara. wolfords even makes some that are a little heavier, and won't run so fast!

It seems ok but it depends on what u wear my friend. For example for a professional business look I wouldn't wear em with a suit or sumthing in that nature but yea!!!! I like opaque!

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I wear opaques just about every day of the year, especially cotton as I find they keep me cooler. Like someone else who answered, just spring it up by wearing light colours :) have fun

• OhYeah

Tights are more acceptable in the winter. As to being acceptable, it depends upon what you are wearing them with. Many time though the ARE acceptable and can be considered just as "professional."

Certainly you can. Opaque tights look professional and fashionable, and will definitely hold up better for you.

Source(s): Many years of wearing short skirts, pantyhose, and high heels publicly as a man.

Opaque would be fine.

I don't see why not.. i mean they last so much longer

Source(s): i like tighhts :D
  • carla

sure it is fine

i think that's fine!