Why are some african americans acting more racist now Obama has won?

Just an example of what I am talking about: The day after the election a young african american man, a senior in high school walked up to a young caucasian women and punched her in the mouth and said "Now can you say Obama *****?" This is only one of several instances I have heard about. Are some African Americans more racist than our ancestors were? My problem with this is that not all Caucasians are racist, and absolutely not all people who supported McCain are racist. So why does this kind of thing happen? I know what has happened to African Americans in our Nation's history, and I also know that I can never truly understand what they have gone through. As a woman I have been a victim of discrimination and sexual harassment and I don't bash men constantly or act violently against them because of a few ignorant ones. I am really just trying to understand.

Never said I heard this on the news. This happened at a school about 35 miles from where I live. The teacher that witnessed the incident happened to be one of my client's neices

I just think that it is sad that they were supporting Obama because he is the one who is going to bring everyone together and then to act that way is so against what Obama said he wanted to do. I don't believe as one responder said that this was an urban myth. I have known this lady for many years and she is a well educated person, very kind and compassionate. Not the type that would spread something she knew was not true.

Favorite Answer

Any group can be racist or tyrannical if given a chance at power. For a Black person to say that they will never be racist just because they were a victim of Racism is ridiculous. Just look at the Israelis! They went through a Holocaust and now look at how they treat the Palestinians! Its not about race, its about the corruptive effects of power, and NO ONE is immune, save those few individuals who have striven to know themselves and their own weaknesses.

What saddens me most about all this is that the Black community has been completely scammed into thinking that Obama is on their side.

I hate to rain on your parade but Obama is no different than Bush or McCain. Just look at his voting record. He supported the war in Iraq even though he said he wasn't going to, then he voted for the FISA bill which was Bush's domestic spying bill. He voted for the Corporate Bankster Bailout Bill which 80% of the country was against, and he's

been trying to pass the "Homegrown Terrorist Act", which would allow the Government to label any American citizen they please as an "Enemy Combatant" or Terrorist. That means no Habeas Corpus, which means you could be thrown in prison without charge and without trial for an undisclosed amount of time just for speaking against Obama!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A REPUBLICAN OR A DEMOCRAT. THE PARTIES ARE IDENTICAL.

Both Obama and McCain are members of the same organization; The Council On Foreign Relations. This is what the CFR wants:

"The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is the American Branch of a society which originated in England ... (and) ... believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established."

- Carroll Quigley, member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton, quote from “Tragedy and Hope”, 1966

"The powers of financial capitalism had (a) far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Now, why would the "great savior" Obama be a member of a group like this?

That's terrible. I hope the guy who punched her is arrested and charged with assault. I have noticed some reverse discrimination since Obama won as well. What I've observed is that anyone Caucasian who dares to criticize Obama is being called racist/white supremacist, etc. It's ridiculous. I don't really understand how anyone can still play the race card at this point. After all, didn't the American people just elect a Black man as their president? I think it's some kind of power trip at play here. Perhaps some feel feel like Caucasians are getting comeuppance for slavery or the mob lynchings of the past. I would never concur with slavery or lynchings, and I resent being punished for something I had nothing to do with.

PS - I noticed that your question is quite controversial. It will probably be deleted by Y/A within a few hours or less.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Our nation has become overly sensitive to avoid racial tensions and ultimately has made the problem worse.

Had that been a caucasian man and a black woman, Jesse and Rev. Al would be all over it and the city would be in flames by now.

You say that you "can never truly understand what they have gone through"?

Allow me to enlighten you... today's generation of black American can't either.

All they know is multi-million $ athletic contracts, lower SAT entrance scores needed, the "racism" crutch, and government handouts will get you by.

This generation knows less of their African heritage than you do... Bill Cosby noted that and was ridiculed by black America.

There's not really much to understand; racism is alive and well in America, but it's mostly coming from the black side these days.

I'm not racist ONE bit. I'm the farthest from being a racist. BUT, I do however think that blacks are more racist now days than whites. Like someone mentioned below. & the fact that some think that they should have all these EXTRA things just because slavery exhisted YEARS & YEARS ago is kind of ridiculous. NOW i'm not saying slavery was right, cause it wasn't. It was wrong and messed up and whites back then were heartless as anything. But I just feel like some take it to far. I mean, just with the whole.. "BET" and how they have their own awards shows, i mean..if we had a tv channel called white entertainment channel, we'd be being racist. We make everything equal. We don't feel the need to have anything designated to WHITES ONLY.

I mean, I guess in a way this could be coming off as being 'racist' but i'm not. at all. I have very good friends who are of 'ethnicity'. & i'd do anything for'em! It's simply just the fact that SOME think that they deserve things for shi+ they never even went though. The people who were slaves, yeah.. i could understand.. but i'm just sick of people using it as an excuse now.

HATE ALL YOU WANT. but i'm still no racist!

If you voted for Obama, it's only because he's black. If you didn't vote for Obama, it's only because he's black. I'm seeing a lot of comments like that on here today, but honestly this election was about so much more than race. I'm sure some people voted for Obama just because he's black and some voted against him for the same reason, but for the majority of voters I would say the actual issues were more important. And for the record, rich people tend to be more Republican.. Just saying.

It's funny that our nation claims to be so colorblind right up to the moment a black president is elected.

Barack's election is not a monumental moment in black history because black people could run long before now. Had this been the first election that ALLOWED a black person to run, sure.

It's quite obvious that black people (technically, calling all black people 'African Americans' is incorrect,) still harbor deep resentment toward white people because of slavery. Get over it. I wasn't your master and you weren't my slave. I am saddened that it happened, but I don't feel one ounce of guilt about it.

The day we all can live in harmony and peace is a day I eagerly look forward to.

-Obama supporter

• lily

stats on violence in the school?

the boy's history?

the girl's personality?

i'm with you there Giordano, it really is heart-breaking to think that what could be so special for the Black community is nothing but a show.

reading the posts here, it's clear that Obama has brought the 'Divide & Conquer' strategy to the table.

worrying...

Liberals are angry, bitter people. Even when they win, they're still angry and bitter. Look at their faces: they can't even smile! It's more of a clenching/showing of the teeth than a genuine smile.

BTW, most African-Americans don't know the history or they'd never vote for Democrats: one of the most racist human beings in my lifetime was George Wallace, the DEMOCRATIC governor of Alabama; and the Senate's oldest member, Robert Byrd (D-West Virginia) is a former Klansman. Meanwhile, it was a Republican -- Abraham Lincoln -- who freed the slaves, and it was the Republicans who voted 80% in favor of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as opposed to the Democrats, who voted 39% AGAINST it -- or three times more Democrats than Republicans voted against it (and a Democrat, Howard Smith, kept the Civil Rights Act from being debated in Congress for a year).

Agreed. That behavior should never be tolerated by any race, color, or gender. If that was true then people need to get over themselves. I have heard comments like now the whitey's will be my slave. That is sheer ignorance and if you think like that then you don't deserve to be in this country.

the black people that are acting more racist are Ignorant as hell! I'm black and don't feel ANYONE has the right to do something like what you just described. I'm happy he's in office for different reasons (not just because he's 1/2 black) but I think people take things way too far. I have white co-workers who normally speak and joke with me that havn't spoken to me now in 2 days.......what did I do? I haven't even broadcasted my feelings about the election, but people (my white co-workers) "assumed" I voted for him because I'm black. That's not right either. Ignorance comes in all colors. you just have to choose not to feed the beast.