HELP! I HAVE SOUND BUT NO PICTURE ON MY XBOX 360.How can I fix it?

I have the HD AV cord and the regular AV cord. They both have sound but they each don't have picture. I tried switching from the HDTV settings to TV setting on the HD cord. I have a standard TV but i don't know if that matters. PLEASE HELP

Favorite Answer

I HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO! and no one knew what it was, i tried new cables, and that didnt work so we decided it was the AV input, not the cable. so what we did was wrap the box in 2 towels, turn it on, and leave it running until it overheats (up to 3-4 hours) then try it, if it doesnt work, overheat it again. try it many times until it works, when we did this my box ran anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 months, and then we just did it again.

eventually though it did get the RROD, then i just sent it in, which was no big deal.

Well make sure your cable is on SD not HD. Then remove all memory devices (Hard drive or memory card). Start up the 360 without any memory card or Hard drive and with the SD switch on. It should load. Sometimes the display settings might be off. I hope that helps.

Are you hooked correctly yellow=video,red =right spk,white=left spk

and set to standard on av cord

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg92mnpMnWo

Youtube thumbnail

FixYa360 has guides to fix the following problems:

3 red lights

2 red lights

1 red light

E74 and E73

disc reading errors

graphic glitches

freezing

and more...