When do your grades start actually counting for college?

Well, since I want to get into a good university, do they pay attention to ALL of my grades including elementary to high school? I'm in middle school right now and I regret that in 6 grade I got like 1 "B" per six weeks. Will I get into a college like Rice University even if I got like..a B? I'm planning to work all out just to go into a university! So do they look at ALL of my grades or just focus on high school grades?

• kro
    Favorite Answer

It's just High School for most Colleges.

Don't forget to Ace the SAT.

I thought 9th-11th, and track your 12th. Although some differ and focus on 10th-11th, and track 12th. I'm not saying you can barely past 9th grade and be okay... just the university may not calculate your 9th grade GPA when they do their grading scale. Although I'm sure they will put thought into what you did 9th grade.

Just 8th thru 12th, but they normally focus on 10th and 11th and your SAT. Good luck!

• Anne W

they never look at grades before high school.

Well they just look @ ur high school grades=)....GOOD LUCK!!! wish u the best=)

It's mainly SAT, as far as I remember.