Are we going to get nuked now?

since obama said he wants to cut or stop our missile defense ( can someone clarify if im wrong) will we get nuked by iran,russia or some other country?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Amir
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't watch too much TV kiddo! You are developing paranoia! Take your meds and go to bed.

• 1 decade ago

No. Missile defense is a waste of money anyway. It's not perfect, and Russia's next generation of ICBMs are designed to fly under it.

Have you ever heard of Mutually Assured Destruction? It's really the only deterrent that we need, and it worked really well for the 40 or so years of the cold war. Basically, you just need to have enough nukes stashed so that if anybody used one on you, you can retaliate.

Kicking somebody in the nuts isn't too appealing when you know they're going to kick back.

• 1 decade ago

The missile defense system that is currently being discussed is designed to protect Europe, not the USA. The thing that is currently protecting us is our ability to retaliate with ballistic missiles on any country that would try to launch missiles against us. In other words, it is offensive, not defensive. Our missiles protect against enemy aircraft, but intercepting an IBM with multiple warheads is a pretty iffy thing. That is why we need to locate the defensive missiles in Poland in order to catch them on the way up from Iran.

• 1 decade ago

I doubt by Russia, if anyone, but the possibility is still there.

He isn't going to completely stop missile defense; that would stupid.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Clinton did the same thing... but there is always a possibility... scares me. However, most of the countries you names could not afford to send a nuke... and some of them can't reach us.

• Coasty
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The chances of this happening just went geometrically. Before Tuesday I would have said not a chance in Hell. Today I would give it one chance in ten. Stand by for rough seas.

• JMB
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Question for you. Do you also believe in the tooth fairie, and the Easter Bunny, and Santa Clause?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We would never know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.