Brian
Lv 4
Brian asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

What is the name of this mental disorder?

Example: A 19 year old male has the mind of a five year old, lacking social skills expected from a 19 year old. The individual hugs everyone he sees, completely ignoring one's personal space.

What is this disorder called?

Update:

when I say, "the mind of a five year old", i mean in terms of intelligence and social skills

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Stacy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He doesn't necessarily have a disorder. It could be learned behavior. Children already have a hard time understanding personal space and if they aren't taught they'll never learn. Several people answered autism but I doubt it would be a sign of autism as one of the characteristics is withdrawal from others. Few autistic children like to show affection. Mental retardation might be a disorder as often being overly trusting is a problem. But this is true of many other issues like fetal alcohol syndrome. You cannot and should not try to diagnose a child based on one characteristic.

• 1 decade ago

You don't give enough information.

When you say 'the mind of a five year old' - do you mean in terms of intelligence or social skills? If it's intelligence, he probably has a severe learning disability (or an illness which includes severe learning disability) which really should have been picked up way before now.

If it's simply interms of social skills, it could be anything. He might be in some sort of manic state (when I'm manic I have no concept of other people's space), or he might have suffered some sort of abuse which stopped him from developing socially (or regressed his development).

Or he just might be an affectionate person.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like autism to me, with the limited amount of info I can't be sure. Ussually people with autism are very bright when it comes to certain things, writing, reading, math, but they lack critical social skills and are unable to learn social cues from others. They are also very loving and emotional, and enjoy being able to physically touch other, ie: hugs, petting or stroking. Hope this helps hun and good luck.

• 1 decade ago

Can you give more info? That could be a lot of different things.Does he have normal intelligence? Is this his only problem-lack of social skills?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • virgin
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i'm Sam: Sean Penn i believe the character grow to be categorized MR looking Nemo: Holy cow.. His dad has an rigidity disease Dori has short term memory Nemo has a deformed fin there are extra that i seen while i grow to be looking at this action picture, i merely can't remember appropriate now. wooded area Gump: Tom Hanks Processing disease (sluggish to comprehend) Radio: grow to be he autistic or MR? (or the two) Rain guy Dustin Hoffman Autistic The Doll homestead murders---The daughter who sees the dolls reinacting the homicide is mentally handicapped. The Ringer: no longer a great action picture, yet a "primary" person tries to win the particular olympics, acts as though he has a disability. lots of the extras in this action picture truly did have psychological handicaps. (there grow to be a great form of controversy over this action picture) Hand that Rocks that cradle: the lady who grow to be attempting to take over the relatives grow to be in all probability schizophrenic and the guy who labored as a "obtainable guy" grow to be mentally handicapped as properly. Any action picture affiliated with Stephen KIng characters or any "murderer" ought to be have psychological subjects. that's no longer a classic reaction to remedy any issue. something has to snap in someone to do such violent acts.

• Lila
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He sounds like he may be mentally challenged and actually does have the mind of a child. Where are his parents. It sounds to me as if somebody should be helping him. Can you find out a little more about him and talk to his parents. He needs some help and shouldn't be alone.

• 1 decade ago

social disorder

• 1 decade ago

It is either downs syndrome, mental retardation, or severe autism.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well he could be either autistic but it really sounds as if he is intellectually disabled?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.