Want your opinion. Can I have a few cappucinos if I am 10 weeks pregnant?

I am just wondering. I very rarely drink much caffiene, however this morning I had to work from 6AM-3PM and now I have to go back again at 10:00PM-6:00AM. I very rarely do this, but I could not get any sleep no matter how hard I have tried, so I really think I may need to have a few cappucinos tonight to keep me awake, but not if I will harm my baby. What is your opinion will this one time be too much?

• sesme
    Favorite Answer

just one or two would be ok. don't keep drinking them all night. caffeine, in moderation, like anything else, is fine during pregnancy. if you want chocolate or soda, have it. just don't go overboard with it. momma has to feel good for baby to feel good, just keep that in mind! good luck to you and your bundle of joy!

A recent study came out saying ANY amount of caffeine is bad, and they generally don't recommend you have any until 2nd & 3rd trimester, if at all, due to the risk of miscarriage. But, it used to be you could have 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day. I don't know what to believe anymore.

You should definately bring this up to your supervisor and your doctor. Not only that, but that's only a 7 hr break. I don't think they're following the law with the shifts. Might want to check on that.

That doesn't really help you tonight though. It might be ok this once to have one coffee drink - plenty of women with kids will tell you they've done it. Choose your timing well, because the crash will send you farther into dreamland if you drink it too early.

There was a recent study that linked caffeine intake with miscarriage. More than 200 mg daily doubled the risk of miscarriage. I read on mayoclinic.com that a cappuccino can have around 200 mg of caffeine. So it looks like a no go. The extreme fatigue of the first trimester is so hard! I very occasionally used Tylenol PM when I really needed to get some rest during my pregnancy but couldn't fall asleep- it is safe to use. Maybe try that next time.

What's a few? If you mean one then it should be fine. It also depends on the coffee as those powder instant milk mixtures don't really contain that much coffee. If it's espresso coffee then it will be stronger. I would leave it a few hours between if you're having more than one and not have more than two a day. Your baby can become addicted to coffee if you have too much.

You can have up to 2 cups (not mugs) of coffee a day, but high levels of caffeine in a pregnant woman - 400 mg a day - may affect a baby's developing respiratory system. One study has showed that exposure to high levels of caffeine before birth might be linked to sudden infant death syndrome.

Just to be safe I wouldn't have any

Source(s): expecting # 1 due: march 6 2009

I drink 2 cups of coffee a day. You will be fine. I just answered another question like this but I was reading that caffeine is ok for you during pregnancy in moderation, it helps to keep your system clean if you know what I mean.

Not a few, a couple of cups would be fine. It should be fine to have just a few though since you don't drink caffeine on a regular basis.

1 or 2 cups is OK. In the first trimester you want to be a little more careful.

Source(s): My doctor

ive stopped caffine all together to be safe,

Drinking a coffee a day is ok. but no more.the first 12weeks of baby's development are the most important.

i advise you to drink 1 cup. no ,more

God bless xx

depending how your blood pressure is....if its normal

then its okay to have cappucino once a day and few times during the week, but not EVERYDAY all the time!

if u have high blood pressure, avoid it