it might be a lifetime movie?

So, i was just recently reminded of a movie I watched a long time ago, probably a couple years ago, and in this movie it had a maid or a nanny taking care of this family's newborn, and she like totally took over the baby, and made it think she was it's mother, or maybe she was it's real mother and they were the adoptive family, I don't really remember, but i do remember she started breastfeeding it...

Favorite Answer

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992)

starring Annabella Sciorra, Rebecca De Mornay, Matt McCoy, Ernie Hudson, Julianne Moore, Madeline Zima, John de Lancie, Mitchell Laurance

IMDb synopsis:

Dr. Victor Mott is a respected and successful gynecologist, but his respect and success both come to a crashing halt when he is accused of sexually molesting his patients. When Claire Bartel accuses him of this crime, four other women come forward to corroborate the story and also accuse the doctor. Stripped of his license and on the verge of being sent to prison, Dr. Mott commits suicide. As if this were not enough of a blow to Dr. Mott's now-widowed wife, she suffers a miscarriage, losing her unborn baby as well, and is on the verge of losing her home to civil judgments against her husband's estate. Broken, alone and now near-penniless to boot, Mrs. Mott learns that Claire is seeking a nanny for her own young children, and sees this as the perfect tool to exact a bloody revenge on Claire Bartel, and take Claire's family for her own.

Copies are available here, as well as at other sites:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%3Daps&fi...

Here's the movie trailer on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjtfG8r14Uk

Youtube thumbnail

I've actually lost count of the number of times I've seen this movie. Once, when it was on On Demand for free, I watched it three times in a row! I think Rebecca De Mornay did a terrific job in this, and Ernie Hudson is really good.

EDIT: I see that all of the following posters agree with this! It's a close match to what you describe.

The Hand that rocks the cradle

A mother goes to the OBGYN to get checked out after having her baby. The dr. sexually assaults her and she presses charges. The dr later commits suicide and his wife has a miscarriage and blames her for his death. She sees that the lady is looking for a nanny and applies for the job and gets it.

is it a horror movie cos ive seen i film that sounds just like that called

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle

Source(s): me
  • Could it have been "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle"?