promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
HolePunch asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Why does drinking water help you to lose weight?

I hear that drinking water (along with the obvious diet / exercise) assists with weight loss, but not why.

I can understand the need to drink a certain amount a day, but what are the biological reasons for it?

Surely over a certain amount and it'll just pass straight through the body or come out as sweat?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, the easy answer is that water helps you stay full and satisfied so that you will eat less. In addition, hydrated cells have been shown in studies to function much better than cells that are not hydrated...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Approved Weight Loss Pills : http://PureGarciniaGet.com/WL/?Fzij
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why does drinking water help you to lose weight?

I hear that drinking water (along with the obvious diet / exercise) assists with weight loss, but not why.

I can understand the need to drink a certain amount a day, but what are the biological reasons for it?

Surely over a certain amount and it'll just pass straight through the body or...

Source(s): drinking water lose weight: https://shortly.im/arKgz
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

There are three main ways to lose weight quickly.

1) Use only water as liquid and eliminate all other liquid drinks from your diet. You must drink as much water as possible every day. You must drink about half of your weight. If you have weight of 200 pounds then you must drink about 100 oz of water.

2) The interval between the eating is very important. If you eat once, then you must eat next after 4 hours. You must take breakfast regularly. In the night eat your food three hours before going to bed.

3) Walking is very good. You must walk as much as you can. Walk everywhere you can. Use of elevators and escalators must be reduced and instead of these you must climb stairs more often.

These are some of the fastest ways to lose weight. By just following the simple steps, you can lose your weight very quickly. You must consult your doctor if want to change your diet or exercise routine.

https://tinyurl.im/aHOWP

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The only way water helps aid in weight loss is from drinking it before a meal to feel full so that then you tend to eat less.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When i drink water before a meal, i feel full and i eat less. not to mention water really doesn't make you gain weight as much as other foods and drinks.

• 4 years ago

Drink plenty of water daily

• 1 decade ago

The benefit of drinking water would be that if you drink water before eating you are likely to eat less.

• 4 years ago

Consume low calorie food

• Jenn
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well I believe that 1. no calorie's is part duh

2. it flushes your system and gets your waste to brake down more and faster. 3. If your body is hydrated then it works at optimal speed (for a lack of a better word) The other systems in your body work better and cleaner.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.