Any tips for growing flowers from bulbs indoors?

I love flowers, especially in the winter, but it just seems so depressing to buy cut flowers just to throw them out every week. I've seen people grow bulbs indoors during the winter, in bowls of water with rocks in them. I'd love to try that! I've seen kits kicking around in stores, but they're so expensive. Anyone... show more I love flowers, especially in the winter, but it just seems so depressing to buy cut flowers just to throw them out every week. I've seen people grow bulbs indoors during the winter, in bowls of water with rocks in them. I'd love to try that! I've seen kits kicking around in stores, but they're so expensive. Anyone have any tips on how to do it? Whats the best kind of bulb to use? Thanks!
Update: I've done a little bit of research, and most of the websites I've found say things like "place potted bulbs in freezer for 12 weeks".

I'd rather pick bulbs that don't require the cold-storage period. Thanks!
1 answer 1