promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do none of you Obama supporters understand speculation?

If I hear one more 10-20 year old Obama-supporting idiot blame this market Bush nose dive on Bush, I'm going to lose my mind. Do you not understand that specualtors are betting taxes are going to be higher in the future as a result of Obama, which means lays offs, people losing money in 401ks, etc. etc. This is why the market has dropped 800 points since he's been nominated. It make a week of gains until he was nominated. Everyone is taking their money out like there is no tomorrow, and who knows, there may not be...

Update:

i don't care that you are in your 40s, it just makes you look that much more stupid.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Only 1% of the population actually understands what's going on. Most Americans THINK they have the answers, but everyone has a different opinion. Most of them are way off the mark.

You are right, it's important to understand speculation and derivatives. But you also have to understand the Federal Reserve system. Anyone who tries to talk about the economic situation without addressing the Federal Reserve should not be taken seriously.

An engineered collapse of this magnitude takes more than 8 years to set up. This is the culmination of a bipartisan policy over the course of the last 3 or 4 presidential administrations, deliberately intended to rob our economy, destroy the middle class, buy out our government and debase the value of the currency. The globalists are tired of using the dollar as an international reserve currency. They've been robbing us since 1913, and now there's not much left to steal, so they're just going to pull the plug and bring in their new world currency.

This isn't about one party or the other anymore, it's both parties, and an internationalist banking cartel, working in collusion against the American people.

“The powers of financial capitalism had (a) far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world’s central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank…sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world.”

Prof. Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton (also a CFR member), quote from “Tragedy and Hope”, 1966.

“In the economic-technological field, some international cooperation has already been achieved, but further progress will require greater American sacrifices. More intensive efforts to shape a new world monetary structure will have to be undertaken, with some consequent risk to the present relatively favorable American position.”

Zbigniew Brzezinski, CFR member and founding member of the Trilateral Commission, and National Security Advisor to five presidents, advisor to Barack Obama (also a CFR member).

Take care.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If I hear one more mentally-challenged person try to fabricate an association between the market and Obama, I may lose my mind as well.

Read a paper. Listen to NPR.

The recent market drops are related to high unemployment news, the feds tinkering with the rates, margin-selling, speculation, the 401ks lost about 20% of their value in less than a week (WAY before the elections), the month of October (BEFORE ELECTIONS) saw the biggest rise in unemployment in 17 years... ..... and the meltdown has been steady for over a month now. Do you live in a cave?

It is pathetic to see stupid people trying to put "blame" on Obama when bush has been bvttfvcking our economy for eight years now.

Ever hear of Iraq?

Ever hear of deregulation?

Ever hear of INTEREST on all that money we borrowed?

Obama. Yeah, right.

Oh, and I'm over 40, by the way. With a great job and a nice big fat 401k.

• 1 decade ago

Well reality shows that just a little more than half the people that voted didn't believe the mess that would be possible under a leadership of an inexperienced bullshit artist like obama and voted and threw the rest of us into the situation of lets give him a chance and see what he does,now is that democracy?? So I say stop blaming bush and for now blame the media and the voters who have sent this country into the unknown seeking change and now all that's left is hope, wow// So from now on there is only Obama and the democrats to blame and it's up to them to do what they promised and we can only hope that a little more than half the voters were correct//man they better be right////

• 1 decade ago

Comments from computer gear maker Cisco Systems warning of slumping demand and retailers reporting weak sales for October have been the latest triggers for selling. Per the Associated Press. People aren't buying stuff, man. Plain and simple.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This entire Market mess was caused by Demoncratic Economic Policies. President George W. Bush warned that this very thing was coming as far back as 2002, but the Demoncrats would not work with him. They would rather see the Economy in the toilet than give President Bush credit for knowing what he was talking about. They make me vomit ! There are a lot of brain damaged people out there who will deni this, but they are willingly accepting lies.

MINISTER

S.F.C.U.

• 4 years ago

Real cops don't arrest people for yelling on their front porches. They don't get so easily unhinged. Harvard Campus Police acted more like low esteem security guards.

• 1 decade ago

Wrong

The stock market has been going crazy because the banks collapsed due to Bush's incompetent economic policies. It's been going on for almost a month now.

I should point out that Obama won because the stock market went crazy. If it didn't we might have a President-elect McCain (thank God that didn't happen)

• canam
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The stock market looks ahead 6-8 months. They see high taxes, business's going out of business, jobs going overseas, and the economy in a deep depression. They want out before it happens.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think you are the one that does NOT understand here buddy. The markets have been doing this for weeks ever since September and they will keep doing this for weeks or even months longer. Raising taxes 3% will NOT make a business owner go bankrupt if he first made 250K a year. Settle down, take a deep breath or maybe a prozac because clearly you need one.

EDIT, oh and Im 40 just in case you were wondering...

• 1 decade ago

Do not allow yourself to be upset with people places, things and circumstances. Your reaction is their only power.

All we can do is try to expand our own knowledge and enlighten others. That and try and ignore those people who are so open minded their brains have fallen out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.