Wiccan religion......?

This is sad asking about a religion on line but I need help. Do you really need to go through a "ritual" to become a wiccan? I always thought that All I really needed to do is study from books, so suggestions? I know this is totally ignorant but I really do believe in some of the wiccan ways. In the wiccan... show more This is sad asking about a religion on line but I need help.
Do you really need to go through a "ritual" to become a wiccan?
I always thought that All I really needed to do is study from books, so suggestions?
I know this is totally ignorant but I really do believe in some of the wiccan ways.
In the wiccan religion, should I pray to god (sun) and goddess (moon) and cast spells. All you can tell me about what it is you know about becoming and wiccan and what to do once you become one in the religion, please, please, tell me.
Again, this is totally offensive and ignorant, and normally I wouldn't do this, but I don't trust a lot of the sites out there, and I prefer to learn from books.