Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

I have to pay most of my salary for healthcare....?

so how is that better than having some type of universal health care policies or something to help with the burden?

Favorite Answer

I hear ya but at least you qualify to get healthcare.Hell no insurance company even wants to touch me because of a pre exisiting condition. I think it's seriously f#cked up that the cost of healthcare has nearly bankrupted many people. I'm still fighting with a local hospital from when I did have insurance because my company refused to pay their exhorbitant bill citing the hospital as needing to take less money. Now they're arguing back and forth with the hospital messing with my credit score.Can't win...

And so it goes round and round and we are the pawns in the middle of a very screwed up healthcare system.A small business owner I know was quoted prices for 2 people in the state of FL a rate of 1000 to 1700 bucks per month with some legitimate state approved health insurance companies.How freaking ridiculous is that.Everyone knows small business owners despite their best efforts are at risk enough just trying to get by.I'm not for universal healhcare but something has to be done. I am very interested in seeing insurance companies practices and policies investigated for corruption. I think the bastards should be required to insure everyone or be put out of business. I think every neighborhood should have a legitimate healthcare clinic that charges a reasonable and fair price to help maintain that community's quality of health.Start with preventitive care to avoid and short circut the route to the emergency room.

Money has to come from somewhere though to do this so maybe taking a cut of a states lottery money instead of paying it all back to the mob would help. We need a fresh new approach and I personally had very little success with a health svaings account. The only advantage was being able to write off a small amount of medical expenses but it in no way ever included acupuncture or chiropractic both of which could save patients thousands in healthcare costs.

The community clinics that I think should be created would provide herbs & alternative medicine at a reduced cost for those who would want that. avenue of healthcare. Until that time however I guess we'l just have to suck it up& continue to ***** at the administration until something is done.Good luck.

How much do you make? If you only make $100 bucks a month and pay $98 then the problem is you don't make any money. I have a family of four. Our health insurance is less than $260 a month for excellent coverage. A PPO and we can go anywhere.

Would you really want a health plan run by the government? The same people who run the department of motor vehicles or the county courthouses? That would be a disaster. Look at Canada. They have a six month waiting period to get a test done. You could die in that time. People from there are coming here to have the tests and operation done because they can't get them in Canada. They turn around and sue the Canadian government to get their money back because their healthcare is supposed to be covered by the government. In Canada you can't even pay out of pocket for an operation because it's not allowed.

Universal Health care would be the best thing a US Government could do

Cancel your coverage. Obama and Pelosi will take care of you. However, I will take care of myself and I say no thank you to the government giving me someones hard earned money. It's a pride thing for me.

• dlk

It won't be, you will STILL have to pay under a universal health plan. NOTHING IS FREE.

Be grateful you have it, shortly you will not.