Do I have to refinance the home after divorce to get his name off the loan?

My husband and I bought our house while we were married. The loan is in his name. We are now getting a divorce, I was awarded the house in the temporoary orders, and am wanting the house after the divorce is final. I can afford the payments on it without a problem. He says that I NEED to refinance the home, and... show more My husband and I bought our house while we were married. The loan is in his name. We are now getting a divorce, I was awarded the house in the temporoary orders, and am wanting the house after the divorce is final. I can afford the payments on it without a problem. He says that I NEED to refinance the home, and get the loan in my name,so he can take his name off of the loan. My credit is very bad right now, and am worried I will not be approved for a loan. Will I have to sell the house?? My dad said he thinks my soon to be ex husbands name still has to be on the loan, and if I can't get a loan then I can keep the home with the loan in his name, and he will just have to deal with it. Is this true? I am worried I will lose the house if I can't refinance. Please help! I'm un the state of texas by the way which is a community property state, if that makes any difference.