washing machine water is cold?

the water in my washing machine is cold when washing but my water supply is hot from the beginning, not had this problem before,if it's the heating element, then surely it's not needed to heat it up, when already hot, like i've always used it.Could it be a thermostat or something else even?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Typically, there are screens that filter the water supply where the hoses connect to the washer. These can become clogged if you have dirt or minerals in your water supply. In your case, the hot water input sounds clogged. Remove the hoses and inspect the fittings and screens for accumulated dirt, which can be removed by flushing with an ounce or two of water and an old toothbrush - have a rag handy to catch the stuff. Also, make sure the hoses are correctly connected to the hot and cold input connections.

Source(s): personal experience
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

If your machine is finishing the wash cycle. ie wash/rinse/spin then you have no need to worry. Its probably the ambient temperature being so low at the moment that your boiler cannot heat it quickly enough for the machine to take hot water. Your machine has an internal heater, which heats the water to the correct temperature. The machine uses the internal heater regardless. This is for accuracy and of course safety. If the heater was faulty the machine would not get to the correct temperature. If the correct temperature is not reached within a certain timescale then most modern machines will display an error code. Older machines will just wash continuously because the thermostat will not have triggered the next part of the cycle. Sorry for the long winded answer, but my advice: wait until the weather warms up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Check the release usually located behind a panel on the front of your machine. It may be backed up with water. When I had that problem I just did that. Generally the element heats the water.

• 1 decade ago

If your machine is like mine it takes from the cold tap and then heats it so if your water heater is broken then the water would still be cold.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Change your washing powder for the cold wash type....Then think of the electric you will save.....Modern day washing is done with cold water...and with excellent results. You will also save money on the repairs...And Im not joking...

Source(s): Experience....
  • Maria
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It may be the hot water valve :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe you have the inlet water hoses reversed.

• hapa1
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

if it works fine don't worry if it's the heater or thermostat then the washer would not advance and stop

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.